Cannelloni Recipes

shawkt, Apr 16, 3:24am
Does anymore have any easy ones?
Thanks

cookessentials, Apr 27, 2:59am
Sure shawkt. Not sure if you wanted beef, chicken or a vegetarian option.

Ingredients
2 tablespoons vegetable oil or olive oil
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic (about 2 cloves)
750g ground beef
500g ground pork
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons cream or milk
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 teaspoon oregano
1 dash pepper
200 g cannelloni tubes
800mlspaghetti sauce or homemade spaghetti sauce
2 tablespoons butter or margarine

In oil in a large frypan, cook and stir onion, garlic until the onion is tender.
Add beef and pork and continue cooking until beef is brown. Remove from heat and drain excess oil.
Mix in half the parmesan cheese, cream, eggs and seasonings.
When cool enough to handle, stuff uncooked cannelloni noodles with mixture. Spread a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of a 3. 5 litre pan. Arrange stuffed cannelloni in a single layer and pour remaining sauce over, being certain to cover all the pasta.
Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan and dot with butter.
Cover with foil and bake at 180C for 55 -60 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork. (during last 10 minutes shredded mozzeralla can be sprinkled on top and the foil removed if desired. ).

purplegoanna, Apr 27, 3:19am
i stuff mine with a 1/2 1/2 mixture of mince & sausage meat with silverbeet and cream cheese +all your herbs & spices then top with a can of tomato puree and a can of crushed tomatos and grated cheese.

martine5, Apr 27, 3:59am
I no longer use the tubes as I find stuffing them too time consuming instead I buy fresh lasagne sheets and just roll the mix up in them.

cookessentials, Apr 27, 4:00am
pumpkin and ricotta is another favourite of mine and also chicken. i just stuff each end of the tube, rather than trying to push the mixture in from one end only.

tano, Apr 27, 4:11am
Great idea martine5. Must remember that next time I make it. Thank's!

karenz, Apr 27, 4:42am
I just cook up finely chopped onion and garlic, add pork mince and brown, then add a little tomato paste, a splash of wine and herbs (any that you like but I use oregano and basil) and seasonings. When it has cooled off I add a pottle of cottage cheese and cooked shredded silverbeet or spinach. While it is cooling make a red sauce, onions, garlic and tin of tomatoes, and a cheese sauce (or buyone from the supermarket). Stuff the shells or fresh pasta then pour the red sauce followed by the white sauce and grate parmesan over.

crystalmoon, Apr 27, 6:33pm
I like the recipe thats on the side of box for the cannelloni tubes, Mmmmmmmmmmmm... ... .

fruitluva2, Apr 27, 8:45pm
Can have a look in here @ #3

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/MessageBoard/Messages. asp
x? id=133372

jayc14, Mar 11, 1:11pm
Pumpkin, ricotta cheese and spinach, or just spinach and ricotta etc etc