Homebrand, Pams, Budget food. Whats good/bad?

Page 5 / 5
nauru, Mar 5, 11:14am
I have to agree, I have thrown a couple of jars out because of that.I nowput a little oil over the top after using it (tip passed on), I find it keeps well ini the fridge.

gr8stuf4me, Mar 7, 3:37pm
Pams Custard Powder from New World - dont like this product - had to add far too much in order to get very yellow coloured milk that didnt thicken at all so really dont waste your money on it. Great thread though and a great help to those on a budget.

gr8stuf4me, Mar 7, 3:39pm
Would like to add - if anyone can tell me the ingredients on other brands that are great to use - I would be very interested in knowing such things as I am wheat free. But would like a good one if it is available. TIA

petal1955, Mar 7, 4:48pm
Homebrand (Countdown) Tomato concentrate in a 500grm jar $1.99 I put into small snaplock bags and freeze, that way no wastage.Also Countdown kitchen towel rolls. far better and stronger than Handee and of course not so dear !.cant go past their range of crackers as well.especially the cheesey snack crackers.wheat and seasame seed crackers and the Golden Harvest. .all Signature range in the black wrapping.and Homebrand low fat crackers.the best answer to H & Palmers that are way too expensive.

anna95, Mar 7, 6:40pm
I like Pam's Avocado and Garlic Dressing.It looks and tastes good.

tarawera99, Mar 7, 6:49pm
Budget Tropical muesli - I have it every morning with Pam's rice milk. Lots of fruit in it and its not toasted.I buy Pam's baking goods - no problems there. Pam's cocoa is very chocolatey, much better than cadburys

tarawera99, Mar 7, 6:51pm
Oh yes and Pam's Honey and Mustard dressing is 100 x better than Eta's.

spdip, Mar 7, 10:19pm
The other day we drained a can of whole kernal corn (budget) and left the brine sitting to add to something else, when I went to use the brine I found a brown layer of silt in the bottom of the jug. Budget corn is now off my shopping list.