Bread maker question?

cw13, Aug 9, 9:32pm
I have a breville bakers oven. Makes lovely bread but every time I turn the finished loaf out of the pan, the little paddle thingy is stuck in the centre of the bread. Am I doing something wrong!

grandma, Aug 9, 9:48pm
Mine is the same - seems to be the norm.

cw13, Aug 9, 9:49pm
Thought that might be the case.wonder what would happen if you lifted the dough out of the pan and removed the paddle before the cooking started!

carlosjackal, Aug 9, 10:03pm
I'd be inclined to call the Breville customer service line and enquire ther. It shouldn't be happening, and the fact that apart from the blade being stuck in the centre of your bread, it (the bread) is otherwise fine.

I'd be inclined to call the Breville customer service line and enquire there. It shouldn't be happening, and the fact that apart from the blade being stuck in the centre of your bread, it (the bread) is otherwise fine, it would seem there might be a fault with the blade/machine. I've NEVER had this happen - even though my machine is Panasonic, it shouldn't make any difference. Also, I wouldn't contemplate taking the dough out, removing the blade and putting the dough back into the breadmaker without the blade. You shouldn't have to do that!If you have followed your bread recipe to the letter, then I would suggest it is a fault with the machine.

I'd be inclined to call the0800 Breville customer service line and enquire there. It shouldn't be happening, and the fact that apart from the blade being stuck in the centre of your bread, it (the bread) is otherwise fine, it would seem there might be a fault with the blade/machine. I've NEVER had this happen - even though my machine is Panasonic, it shouldn't make any difference. Also, I wouldn't contemplate taking the dough out, removing the blade and putting the dough back into the breadmaker without the blade. You shouldn't have to do that!If you have followed your bread recipe to the letter, then I would suggest it is a fault with the machine. The dough paddle/blade may need to have a slight adjustment, in which case Breville may direct you to a service centre in your area that service Breville Breadmakers and fix the problem.

raewyn64, Aug 9, 10:28pm
I have had 2 of their machines and the paddle always comes out with the bread.You can either pull it out when you turn the loaf out or we just wait until we get to it when we are slicing the bread and take it out then.

cw13, Aug 9, 10:56pm
Thanks Carlos for your suggestion.i phoned Breville and was told that they have improved technology so this problem doesn't occur with their newer models.Nothing can be done with the model I, and it seems that Raewyn and Grandma, have.However, she suggested removing the paddle frm the dough before the baking starts.I agree with you that this is not satisfactory.The only other other "solution" was to wait till the bread was cold before trying to remove the paddle as this would cause less of a hole in the bottom of the bread.So that seems to be the answer.It is a design fault that has since been rectified.Cheers.

grandma, Aug 10, 1:13am
Thanks for making the enquiry cw13.It's good that they have sorted out the problem in newer models.

beccy-bec, Aug 10, 7:46am
Crap they have sorted it, I just bought one last weekend and it does the exact same thing, it's a piece of crap and has started malfunctioning after the 2nd loaf, it's going back to the shop and I'm swapping it for a Panasonic

hutchk, Aug 10, 8:13am
I bought a Sunbeam last weekend, baked two loaves, then it shat itself. Perhaps they're only designed to bake two loaves before expiring!

sarahb5, Aug 10, 11:02am
My breadmaking microwave came with a special hook to pull the paddle out of the bread if it happens to be stuck in the bottom of your loaf when you turn it out of the tin - it hasn't happened yet though

teejay2, Aug 11, 5:16am
I have a sunbeam turbo bakehouse, have had it over 10 years and the paddle is fixed in place in the tin, has never come out and makes on average a couple of loaves a week.has never missed a beat.