Old posts for pork belly

orange3, Jul 19, 7:01pm
Is there any way to search posts which go back further than a year. I had a great recipe for pork belly cooked in coke but have misplaced it.

sammie55, Jul 19, 7:36pm
On the left, change the drop down menu from 24 hours to last year.That should bring them all up for you.

orange3, Jul 19, 7:59pm
Thanks but I want one from about 2 years ago it only goes back one year

margyr, Jul 19, 8:02pm
is it the same as this one I copied and pasted. Replace the chicken with pork belly!
I make a Coca Cola dish called "White Trash Chicken"
Place chicken portions in one layer in a roasting dish & pour over a bottle of Tomatoe Sauce & half a bottle of large coke, cook on low heat in oven until the sauce has reduced & chicken is cooked. It comes out a bit like Sweet & Sour, this might be similar to your ham recipe.

leigh71 (1948 )10:11 am, Mon 19 Dec #2

orange3, Jul 19, 8:49pm
It sounds similar but I remember cooking it twice and placing a weight on it after the first cook

valentino, Jul 20, 3:43am
I cannot find that recipe you sfter if it was posted here on TM but here is one I did come across.

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/13101/succulent-slow-cooked-pork.aspx

Succulent Slow Cooked Pork Belly.

2kg pork belly
1 whole star anise pod
1.25 litres cola flavoured fizzy drink
1 cinnamon stick
250g apple puree
125g original HP sauce
125g BBQ sauce

Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 2 hours 40 mins
1.Preheat a mini oven (or conventional oven) to 140 C. 2.Place the pork, cola, star anise and cinnamon stick in a baking dish. 3.Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Turn and cook for 1 more hour. 4.Remove the pork and pat dry. Drain off the juices. 5.Mix apple puree, HP sauce and BBQ sauce in a bowl and brush both sides of the pork. 6.Place the pork belly on a rack over the baking dish and bake for 40 minutes at 150 C.

orange3, Jul 20, 4:14am
Thanks for that, I think I will try that recipe it looks like it could be similar, i thought this time I might try ginger ale instead

valentino, Jul 20, 4:40am
Be interested in how it goes with Ginger Ale.

I'm a Ginger Beer fan, not keen on coke though but please let us know it goes.

Cheers.

orange3, Jul 29, 8:27am
I did the pork belly with ginger beer and it turned out beautifully thanks for everyones
help

korbo, Jul 29, 9:12am
valetino, how does one measure out sauce into 125g!
and orange, did you use valentinos recipe, sounds nice, but would prefer gingerale than coke.

orange3, Jul 29, 11:04pm
Yes I used Valentinos recipe but Ginger Ale instead and it was great, you probably can get away with half the amount of sauce