Recipes Angels.

elliehen, Aug 1, 12:04pm
Has anyone else noticed the late night tip-toeing into threads by two angels in Recipes!

bev00 quietly looks for really useful threads that are in danger of falling off the edge and gives them a gentle nudge back.

darkestangel1 looks for the lonely zero beside a long-forgotten question and gives it a second chance of being answered.

Thanks to both of you :)

aveross, Aug 2, 2:39am
What neat people.Need more of this kind around rather than all the knockers.

indy95, Aug 2, 4:31am
Thank goodness for late-night angels !

elliehen, Aug 3, 1:27am
I should also add the daytime angel 245sam.Posters come and posters go, but 245sam stays and is always ready to answer a question with unfailing courtesy, even if it's one she's answered many time before.

suzanna, Aug 3, 1:49am
Nice posts Ellie but don't forget yourself also! I've appreciated many replies from you but I will never forget your reply to my request for the Latin 'the pen is mightier than the sword'- outstanding.

elliehen, Aug 3, 2:18am
suzanna, thanks for that.I'm hanging back a bit from Recipes now, just watching more, because I am enjoying all the new faces and new ideas here.I was never a creative cook, just a practical one and I had the feeling that I was starting to repeat myself!I'll always stay on alert, though, for those interesting discussions about language and culinary history.

lurtz, Aug 3, 4:21am
Dear Recipe Angel Elliehen. (It takes one to know one:-)

A while back you helped open up Recipes for others who were less than confident about posting because of a fear of criticism.I don't get into Recipes very often these days either, so I am glad I saw this post, because you deserve a golden halo also. .

elliehen, Aug 3, 12:22pm
lurtz, that's kind of you.I have enjoyed many 'conversations' here and have taken away many recipes - enough for two lifetimes ;)

indy95, Aug 3, 8:13pm
Elliehen, I agree wholeheartedly with suzanna and lurtz.I have enjoyed your posts from the day I discovered the Recipes board and I also second your comment regarding 245sam. Her unfailing patience and courtesy is an example to all.

bedazzledjewels, Aug 3, 9:49pm
Ellie, here's a book that might interest you. I got it out of our library - "A History of Food in 100 Recipes" by William Sitwell. I wonder if he's part of that famous family!

elliehen, Aug 4, 12:35am
Thanks indy95 and bedazzledjewels.I'm now a little anxious.This sounds like a valedictory.

I'm reminded of this literary anecdote:"After the author Ernest Hemingway was involved in two African plane crashes in 1954, newspapers reported that he had died. He survived, but Hemingway's biographer A.E. Hotchner claimed that after the incident Hemingway quoted Mark Twain's'Reports of my death are greatly exaggerated' and read a scrapbook of his obituaries every morning with a glass of champagne."

Maybe I'll save this thread (which wasn't intended to be about me!) and read it with a glass of bubbly at breakfast.