Gluten Free Pasta

pommyjohn1, Aug 5, 3:15am
Seen at the Food Show ready cooked, gluten free pasta and soon to be stocked by New World and Countdown.Also good for diets
http://slimpasta.com.au/

cookessentials, Aug 5, 3:22am
There has been gluten free pasta around for quite some time. I think San Remo do one.

geldof, Aug 5, 3:28am
That looks very interesting.
Will keep and eye out for it.
Thanks, pommyjohn1

Just reading the website, only the angel hair slim pasta is GF.
The spaghetti is low gluten.

pommyjohn1, Aug 5, 4:30am
Hi geldof
That must have changed because I have a packet in my hands and it is certainly marked Gluten Free with the Coeliac crossed grain symbol

pommyjohn1, Aug 5, 4:31am
Hi cookessentials
I realise that in fact I have tried them all ,but this is ready cooked and ready in a minute

geldof, Aug 5, 4:57am
I think it is the oatmeal flour.
from website.

Is SlimPasta gluten-free!
Yes, SlimPasta’s Angel Hair is gluten-free. However, SlimPasta’s Spaghetti contains low level of gluten (4.2mg per 100g).

Do you know when it will be available in stores!or approx cost!

I have been trying to find the Shirataki noodles in Hamilton.It would appear they are very similar.

pommyjohn1, Aug 5, 5:57am
Hi geldof
talking to the guys at the show it has been approved by the nz coeliac society so I would say the website is out of date.Cost around $4 a packet

geldof, Aug 5, 6:26am
Thanks for that.
I look forward to finding and trying it.

pom-pom, Aug 5, 6:32am
Thanks for this - I will look out for it at the Gf food show in Wellington.

pommyjohn1, Aug 5, 11:36pm
A reply from the manufacturers
Thank you for your enquiry regarding SlimPasta.
SlimPasta Spaghetti wasinitially alow Gluten Free product . We have since commenced manufacturing a Gluten Free Spaghetti.
Until we were satisfied that all previous stock had been soldthrough we were hesitant to change over the information on the website.
All new SlimPasta Spaghetti will have Coeliac Endorsement located in the left hand corner of the packaging to reflect that it is a Gluten Free Product.

sarahb5, Aug 5, 11:49pm
This is also advertised on the Weight Watchers website - quite frustrating that we can't buy it here yet.I have emailed them to ask when and all they say is "soon" .

geldof, Aug 6, 12:23am
Thanks so much for making the enquiry, pommyjohn.

sarahb5, Aug 6, 12:39am
This is the list of stockists I just received although they don't say when they are going to start selling it:

Mt Roskill New World
Lunn ave  New World
Birkenhead New World
Gluten free grocer
Matamata New World
One stop Gluten Free Shop
Thorndon New World
Barrington Fresh Choice
Merivale Fresh Choice