1992 Feed a family of 4 on $100 book

dolphinfan, Jun 16, 2:55am
Does anyone have this set of books stashed away, they were freebies at Woolworths supermarket in 1992.
I have lost one and it has the most fab banana loaf recipe in that I would make all the time, Just after that recipe if anyone can help

rojin, Jun 16, 10:35am
I think this may be the recipe you are after. It was in booklet number 6.

Wholesome Banana Loaf:
Beat together 100gm butter or margarine and 1/4 cup each of sugar and honey till creamy.
Beat in 2 eggs, one at a time.
Stir in 2 ripe mashed bananas
Combine 1 Cup each white and wholemeal flour, 2t baking powder and 1t mixed spice.
Fold into the creamed mixture.
Spoon the mixture into a greased and lined 20cm x 10cm loaf tin.
Bake at 180C for an hour.
Leave in tin for 5 minutes before turning out.

Variation: Substitute white flour for wholemeal, therefore use 2 Cups white flour in total.
For a nutty texture add 1/4 C of sunflower seeds to the batter and sprinkle a few sunflower seeds over the top.

Let me know if this is the one you were after dolphinfan.If not, I have most of the booklets and I can look through more thoroughly for you.

rojin, Jun 16, 10:48am
I have just re read your question and realise you have all the other booklets.
I had actually forgotten about the booklets, they have been sitting in a file of loose recipes. Thank you for reminding me about them as they were great for menu planning (and budgeting) back then and I think I may even start using them again.

dolphinfan, Jun 16, 9:47pm
OMG rojin you are a legend, Thank You Sooooooo Much.That is the recipe, I think that edition was thrown out during the kitchen reno's , we are forever greatful

rojin, Jun 16, 10:04pm
My pleasure. Just pleased I could help. Enjoy and hope you have a great day.Regards Donna