Chocolate Mud Cake as a dessert

nadineb, Jul 15, 1:31am
I had Chocolate Mud Cake as a dessert last night it was made as a Chocolate Mud Cake but had a sauce that was either poured over it or it was part of the receipe any one have a Chocolate Mud Cake dessert recipe Thanks

rinda1, Jul 15, 6:33am
The best choocolate mud cake.
2 cups castor sugar
250 grams dark chocolate 70% coca
250 grams butter
1 cup of water
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
1/4 cup cocoa
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla

grease tin ,I use about a 22 cm round oneand line with baking paper. heat ovento 160 .
combine water, butter,chocolate and sugarheat over medium heat till choc melted and sugar disolved,put aside to cool
sift flour and cocoa , then gently stir in choc sugar mix,then gently wisk in egg and vanilla.pour into tin bake for 50 mins or untill scewer comes out clean.leave cool in tine for 10 minsturn out and when cold cover with choc ganache or what ever you like.
I use this recipe for when needing a special cake, eg my daughters wedding cake, served as part of desert, put with berry coli and whipped cream . if not wanting to have ganache or frostingyou could serve with choc sauce or similar. italso freezes very well. the recepie can also be doubled or tripled for a bigger cakejus a bit more baking,

sarahb5, Jul 15, 9:23am
I serve chocolate mud cake as a dessert - I serve it warm and pour the ganache over while it's still warm.The warmth of the cake means the ganache becomes sauce rather than icing.

http://www.chelsea.co.nz/baking-and-recipes/23/chocolate-mud-cake-with-chocolate-ganache-icing.aspx