Has anyone got a recipe for a steamed

elsielaurie1, Jul 4, 8:40am
'christmas' pudding, enough for 1 person, or two if they don't eat it all at once, that I can make in a small steam pudding bowl. All the recipes I've found so far are for families.thanks in advance.

firemansgirl, Jul 4, 8:52am

gardie, Jul 4, 7:03pm
Posted this a while back in another thread.I only have a small pudding basin and it fits perfectly.Keeps well in the fridge or can be frozen.Reheat in microwave if wish.

Carrot Plum Pudding. My family's favourite for the past 50 years. From what I can gather, it was originally an Edmonds recipe. So, so easy and it wasn't until I was old enough to make it myself that I realised it had carrots in it. Mum and Nana used to put coins in it for us as kids but I find that kids these days don't see any value in coins. it'd have to be $20 notes to have the same kick as it did for us lol. Anyhow, heres the recipe:

Carrot Plum Pudding
1 cup flour
1/2 c sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp mixed spice
1 grated carrot
1 cup mixed fruit (we just use sultanas in our house)
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 c warmed milk
pinch salt.

Dissolve soda in milk then add butter. Mix dry ingredients, add fruit and carrot. Add in wet mix and stir well. Steam for 3 hours in a greased basin (with lid on).

To microwave: Double the recipe and cook covered in a greased 2L pyrex jug for 28 mins at 40% power (you may need to adjust time dependent on microwave power - this is what works for me).
Pudding can be made ahead and just zapped in the microwave or popped on the back of the stove for piping hot on Christmas day.

gardie (397 )1:29 pm, Mon 19 Dec #3

elsielaurie1, Jul 4, 8:59pm
Thanks gardie - sounds like just what I'm looking for.Here goes.

preskoolteacha, Oct 16, 1:26am
i have an alison holst microwave one it is done in a mug do you want that or is gardies one doing the trick!

ayglepaygle, Oct 16, 8:24am
This is also delicious cooked in the crockpot - the flavours develop beautifully with long cooking.