How do you cook corned brisket?

mnkool, Jul 8, 2:19am
I mistakeny boughtcorned brisket instead of corn beef and are unsure of how to cook it.I havebought 1.8k of brisket.

harrislucinda, Jul 8, 2:40am
cookthesameascornbeef asbothhavebeenpickled

mnkool, Jul 8, 2:42am
ok i thought briskets in general were a tougher cut of meat! Or am I think of something else!

macandrosie, Jul 8, 4:22am
They tend to be fattier, & fall apart once you remove the string. Cook same as corned beef, slow & long.

davidt4, Jul 8, 4:24am
Brisket is much tougher than silverside, whether corned on not.I cook ordinary (unsalted) brisket for about four hours.

If it has been treated in some way with chemical tenderisers it will take less time - did it come in a packet with an igredients list!.

mnkool, Jul 8, 4:27am
thank you for the advice - so does it taste like corned silverside if cooked very slowly or not!Probably did but I have unwrapped the packagingand then realised .

nik12, Jul 8, 9:57am
Have you tried it yet! I would say it tastes similar, but more fat to cut off :-).

janny3, Jul 8, 3:41pm
Tastes just like corned beef apart from perhaps the extra fat.I often get this one just because its usually cheaper and discard the fat. I'm hungry now.

guest, Jan 11, 6:01am
That's a skillful answer to a diuclffit question

guest, Jan 13, 1:18pm
Gmax4 / OH MY!!!!! David you are just amazing!! I could just live on your snpiteps for months!! The only down side of this for me is that you are not here to feel all our excitement and love for this wonderful gift you have so generously given to us. I know Kari will let you know .but wish you were seeing all the comments and tweets. :) We all are truly grateful to you and Kari. Thank you so much for sharing your heart with us through this wonderful music! How are we ever going to get through the entire album .and most especially Broken? We all sure do miss you and will be here on your return!! We know you are sharing your beautiful heart and spreading joy!