Bread maker "virgin"

sarahb5, Jul 13, 8:17am
Just bought a new microwave with an integrated bread maker (yeah I know - clever huh!) and want to make the sweet bread for tomorrow's breakfast but this is the first time I've tried it.Is there anything I need to know!The instructions I have are a bit skimpy to say the least .

biggles45, Jul 13, 8:31am
Can't help sorry, but that sounds a pretty awesome machine!

sarahb5, Jul 13, 8:38am
Well I hope so - will give it a go and see what we get - instructions are fairly basic

kinna54, Jul 13, 9:16am
uh oh.sounds tecnhological. thats me gone. An amazing sounding gadget tho.

sarahb5, Jul 13, 10:28pm
The bread was yummy - a bit too sweet and buttery for hubby though but nice with butter and homemade lemon honey for breakfast.I will just keep experimenting and have found a few recipes in one of my Edmonds books as well.

biggles45, Jul 13, 10:40pm
Great. Keep us updated. Interested because I have given up on using a breadmaker, and your machine could be an alternative. Have had various brands and we get some awesome loaves but also quite a few failures. Am currently making it by hand so I can see when the yeast is frothy enough, or when the dough has risen enough, rather than just relying on pre-set timing.

sarahb5, Jul 13, 11:03pm
I haven't figured out the preset timing yet - you just put everything in and then press a few buttons and wait a few hours!I warmed the milk I used last night a bit and mixed the yeast with that to see if it frothed at all because it was a bit out of date.I did froth a bit but I'm buying fresh anyway as the recipes I have all used Surebake (Edmonds of course)

sarahb5, Jul 13, 11:04pm
It also has a convection oven and a grill - pretty clever huh!(Just hoping it's not too clever if you know what I mean)

biggles45, Jul 13, 11:33pm
Sounds great. We used to have a Sharp with convection oven and that was magic. With a grill as well you won't need to use the range much!

sarahb5, Jul 14, 12:52am
Yes the extra grill space will be really handy - I'm not sure how much I'll use the convection oven but definitely handy to have