Lemon, ginger and honey drinks

Page 2 / 2
wheelz, Jul 22, 11:09pm
post 20 & 21 ARE cordials

sarahb5, Jul 23, 12:33am
Not much lemon in 20 and not much honey in 21 - I know what I'm after and I'm not finding it unfortunately.May have to just adapt the existing one I have but need to work out the substitution ratio for sugar and honey

fifie, Jul 23, 1:03am
sarah could youmake up a lemon/honey concentrate and bottle it,to use up your lemons. I would just work out how much ginger to add. Here is a ratio of lemons/sugar/honey may be of help so you can work it out. Ha ha might help if i give you a linkhttp://baking4six.wordpress.com/2011/06/17/fresh-squeezed-lemonade-concentratesyrup/

paul6645, Jul 23, 1:19am
Here is a recipe I use for a ginger syrup,
120 gms plus of fresh ginger root
1 cup of water
4 - 6 cloves
1 -3 cinnamon sticks
1/2 cup sugar
1 - 2 lemons
1/2 cup liquid honey.
Grate or process ginger root in food processor, mix in water - stand for 30 mins.
In a medium saucepan bring the ginger mix to a simmer for 20 mins - covered.
Meanwhile peel the rind off the lemons and measure sugar, cloves and cinnamon.
Strain the ginger juice - I put it through a sieve and squash as much of the juice out with a spoon. Ginger pulp goes into the compost.
Return ginger juice to the pot with sugar, cloves, cinnamon and lemon rind. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 - 15 mins. Just before the end add the juice of the lemons and the honey - just heat these enough to mix in, don't boil otherwise you destroy the goodness.
Sieve again.
Pour into prepared bottles and keep in the fridge.
Good with hot water in the winter and with lemonade or soda water in the summer.

shop-a-holic, Jul 23, 6:24am
I squeeze my lemons and then find out by weighing or measuring how many mls you have.
I then add the same amount of runny honey to the mix and bring it all to the boil.Leave to cool; then keep in the fridge,
This pasturises the concentrate and it then keeps for a very long period of time.
tI can then be used to make cool lemonades, or hot toddys for winter evenings. Dilute to taste.