Chicken mince

datoofairy, May 29, 12:46am
I have 500g of chicken mince that needs cooked tonight and have no idea what to do with it.I guess I could make patties but wouldnt mind trying something else.
I have Googled but I dont have many of the ingredients most recipes need. I dont have fish sauce, lime or lemon juice, Asian spices, ginger or anything other than run-of-the-mill type ingredients. And we are not really into spicy food.
I do have rice, potatoes, cabbage, carrots, peas, corn, onions, cauli, broccoli , herbs, soya sauce, stocks, I'm not sure what else.
Any ideas please!

karenz, May 29, 1:43am
As long as it is the white and much more expensive and not the red slimy stuff which is really just minced up body parts and intestines and only really animal food how about this
http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/11049/spaghetti-with-chicken-meatballs.aspx
I have made really nice burgers with chicken mince, with good quality buns, avocado, brie and cranberry sauce.

datoofairy, May 29, 1:55am
Thanks Karenz.Although to be honest, I'm not sure I want to eat the chicken mince now. Intestines!

karenz, May 29, 2:20am
Only if it is the really cheap stuff, like sometimes only around $5 a kilo and sold in big packs, I buy it from Pak n Save for the cats and dog.The chicken mince sold in smaller packs usually is actual chicken meat and is way more expensive, it is white in colour whereas the other stuff is quite pink.Some people do eat it and they wouldn't be able to sell it if it wasn't safe to eat.

wildflower, May 29, 3:45am
It's good in a chicken and veg lasagne, use whatever veg you have, spinach, silverbeet etc, cottage cheese.I put skinless chicken breasts through the mincer and make my own.

venbar, May 29, 7:05am
just use it in place of beef mince it adds different flavor made some nacho's tonight with chicken mince .yummy