McDonald's hotcake recipie

Page 2 / 2
svx1, Mar 23, 8:48pm
Hi this is the best ever MC hot cake recipe from another poster highly recommended we make frequently and the trick is not to over mix and mixture to be thick I omit the melted butter less calories lol lol HOTCAKES
MC DONALDS

INGREDIENTS;

2 SR FLOUR

PINCH OF SALT

1 TSP B/POWDER

3 EGGS

1 ½ CUPS OF MILK

1TEASPOON OF VANILLA ESSENCE

50 GRAMS OF MELTED BUTTER

BUTTER FOR COOKING.

SIFT FLOUR SALT AND BKING FLOUR ONTO A BOWL.MAKEA WELLIN THE CENTRE.
COMBINE THE EGGS MILK AND VANILLA IN A JUG.BEAT WITH A WHISK TILL MIXED WELL.ADD THE MILK MIXTURE AND THE MELTED BUTTER TO THE FLOUR STIRRING UNTIL JUST COMBINED.THE MIXTURE SHOULD BE SLIGHTLY LUMPY.THIS IS OK AND DON’T OVER MIX! MELT HALF A TESPOON OF BUTTER IN A FRYING PAN OVER MEDIUM HEAT.DROP INTO IT AND TILL BUBBLES APPEAR THEN TURN OVER.

NOTE I OMIT THE BUTTER AND USE A ICE CREAM SCOOP THE OLD FASHIONED ONES TO OBTAIN UNIFORM SHAPES AND ITS EASY.ALSO HAVE FOUND IF THE MIX IS THICK YOU WILL HAVE HIGHHOTCAKES.

actiongirl1, Apr 12, 6:07am
Could someone post a recipie for the hotcake mixture from McDonalds please.
Thankyou

angel404, Apr 12, 7:21am
i thought they were just large pikelets!

lindylambchops1, Apr 12, 8:34am

luckyduck, Apr 12, 8:44am
I went to Maccas one day and ordered hotcakes, I had to wait as they had run out and were going to the supermarket to buy some more. I saw the girl arrive carrying a packet of pikelets.

1buzemum, Apr 12, 9:07am
We went for breakfast last month and DS wanted hotcakes I recon they have gotten smaller, mind you the girl there couldn't make a coffee so save herself so maybe it was cooks error in size for hotcakes

elliehen, Apr 12, 9:12am
You can make tender, fluffy pancakes using buttermilk.Tararua buttermilk from the supermarket used to have a good recipe on the side of the packet - probably still does.

actiongirl1, Apr 16, 4:31am
Thank you for all the replies. Now could someone tell me what supermarkets in Christchurch stock these, as i have never seen the Quality Bakers Hotcakes before.

homelygirl0011, Apr 16, 7:06am
My son worked forTip top, said don't buy the packed rolls, buns.The islander's don't wash their hands, down there.

homelygirl0011, Apr 16, 7:12am
to every cup of flour, 2 tsp of Bp, sugar to your taste, eggs, one to every cup, milk diluted with water, same amount of each. Lastly add vanilla, 1-2 tsp, for flavour.Every one thats tried them, thinks there better than macca's.

homelygirl0011, Apr 16, 7:14am
nah, just the islanders, thats all that were working.Not ignorance dear,

makere0071, Apr 16, 7:26am
Gee I didn't know the Irish people don't wash their hands, lmao

lindylambchops1, Apr 16, 8:58am
what has washing of hands got to do with cooking!!