Chocolate muffin recipes please if you don't mind

gizmo811, May 21, 3:56am
My son would like chocolate muffins and was hoping someone wouldn't mind sharing

maggie197, May 21, 4:31am
Just made these an hour ago. Its an Alison Holst recipe.

Double Chocolate Surprise Muffins
1 3/4 cups Standard plain flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup chocolate chips
75 grams butter (melted)
2 large eggs
3/4 cup milk
3/4 - 1 cup raspberry jam
Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa together. Add the sugar and chocolate chips and toss with a fork to mix.
Combine butter, eggs and milk and beat with a fork until well combined and smooth.
Pour the liquids into the dry ingedients and fold together, mixing as little as possible. Stop as soon as there are no pockets of flour left as over mixing spoils muffins.
Coat 12 medium muffin pans lightly with non-stick spray, then half fill each pan by spooning about a tablespoon of the mixture into the prepared tins, using two spoons. Using a damp teaspoon make a small hollow in each muffin and fill it with a teaspoon of jam. Divide the remaining mixture between the muffins ensuring that the jam is completely covered.
Sprinkle the muffins with extra chocolate chips and bake at 200*C for about 10 minutes or until the centre spings back when pressed. Leave to stand for several minutes before twisting and removing from the pans. leave to cool on a rack.

I cooked this mixture in the giant texas tins and cooked approx 7 minutes longer. I didn't have raspberry jam so used apricot. These are so yummy

kay1083, May 21, 5:21am
maggie197.that sounds just like the Anchor chocoholic cake!

Yummm

245sam, May 21, 5:53am
gizmo811, here's a recipe that I really recommend.It makes chocolate-lovers' dream muffins - it's easy and really foolproof in that it doesn't seem to need mxing quite as carefully as most muffin recipes, although I'm not suggesting that the mixture be beaten or mixed too enthusiastically.

TRIPLE CHOCOLATE MUFFINS
3 cups plain flour (450g)
1 tbsp baking powder
3 tbsp cocoa
1½ cups brown sugar (360g)
½ cup each of dark chocolate dots and white chocolate dots – or chocolate buttons, quartered
120g butter, melted
1¼ cups milk or 1 cup natural unsweetened yoghurt + ½ cup milk
2 x 60g eggs, lightly beaten

Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a 5cm muffin pan.
Sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder into a bowl. Add the brown sugar and dark and white chocolate dots. Mix, then add the melted butter, milk (or yoghurt and milk) and eggs and mix well. Three-quarters fill each of the muffin moulds.
Bake at 180°C for approximately 20 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the tin before turning out.

Hope that helps.:-))

jordyalex, May 22, 12:25am
i just made the above triple choc muffins , only had one type of choc but were fantastic , and also added chopped apricot pieces , yummy yum
and so easy

gizmo811, May 23, 11:31pm
Awesome, thanks everyone!

nikkib90, May 24, 12:01am
these are more chocolate cupcakes, so easy and are delish! Tried them the other day and will be making them for the party next weekend.

Ingredients
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (use baking cocoa, not drinking cocoa)
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup milk

Method

1 Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Line a muffin pan with paper or foil liners. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
2 In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla. Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk; beat well. Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full.
3 Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
Makes 18 cupcakes (using Wilton cupcake papers) with flat tops

jessie981, May 24, 11:47pm
Chocolate Caramel Muffins
Chocolate Caramel Muffins
1&3/4c flour
1tsp b/soda
1c sugar
1/4c cocoa
Melt 100gr butter. Remove from heat & whisk in 1 egg, 1c milk & tsp vanilla essence. Add to dry ingredients. Mix gently.
Spoon 1/2 of mixture into muffin tins. Add heaped tsp (or more) of Caramel condensed milk & put remaiing mixture on top. Bake 15 mins @ 220. Makes 12.

kinna54, May 25, 12:20am
Ditto to this one! make them often!

joybells2, May 25, 7:28am
Yes agree with Maggie197, Alison Holst double choc muffins are great, everyone loves those ones.

tats63, May 25, 10:39pm
Excellent recipe thank you for sharing.My daughter made these at 8am this morning and they are delicious!

245sam, May 26, 2:51am
You're most welcome tats63 - was my pleasure to share the recipe with you and your family and well done to your daughter for making the muffins for you all to enjoy.:-))

jns, May 26, 6:45am
This recipe is the best, I make these quite often, but do vary what I put in the centre.Last time I put giant jaffas in the middle, kids thought that was pretty yummy.

guest, Apr 2, 11:13am
Nancy, this was done long time ago, not doing in this school haoldiy lar..I saw you went to Kuantan, will hop over to have a look what you did there.Bakeling, yes, I will keep trying, but you dont like cinnamon right?Colin, Thanks for your brilliant suggestion, I will consider it, hehehe..Little Corner of mine, agreed with you, very hard to differentiate it.

guest, Jan 11, 2:49pm
Deep thinking - adds a new dioimsenn to it all.

guest, Jan 13, 2:29pm
It does look like scone! These days the muffin tatses like cake to me, just that it is a cupcake size. Very soft and moist, not sure I know how to differentiate the two. :P

guest, Jan 14, 10:17am
What a great idea this is Rikki! I showed it to my huabnsd, the Englishman who makes scrambled eggs in the microwave (something I would never do) and he loves that idea! I like it too, although the half-hour my son spent making some today the conventional way was well spent too.Leeswammes (Judith)'s last post ..