Ginger gems

mallam, May 28, 9:24am
My mother passed away recently and I can't find her delicious ginger gem recipe.I have the old cast iron gem irons and tried the recipe in the Edmonds Cookbook.But too light and not the rich ginger taste we enjoyed.Anyone able to direct me to, or share their recipe!

jessie981, May 28, 9:33am
mallam, pop into the lefthand message board & under keyword put Ginger Gems. Under date posted put last year. Hopefully you will find a recipe. Good luck.

bev00, May 28, 10:58am
Ginger Gems.
Pre heat oven to 220c, put gem irons in to heat up as well. In a food procesor put pinch salt,100gr soft butter,1 cup sugar,2 eggs, process add 1 cup milk, 2 tablespoons golden syrup, 2 teaspoons ginger 2 cups flour, 11/2 teaspoons baking soda process gently. Grease hot gem irons with a little butter and a pastry brush, 3/4 fill gem irons pouring mixture off the side of spoon for rounded gems. Bake at 220c about 12 mins till golden and cooked.Remove from oven leave a minute or to, take out of irons and place on a cooling rack to cool. Split while just warm butter and devour.Yum!