Home soup taste salty

aca2, May 19, 3:24am
does anyone know something that i can do for this thanks

sarahb5, May 19, 3:28am
I think adding a potato is supposed to help - I hate salty food (apart from hot chips or chippies) so I never add salt to anything when I'm cooking and I never use those soup mixes because they're so salty.

aca2, May 19, 3:28am
thank you very much

aca2, May 19, 3:29am
added a soup mix for the very first time and boy can you taste the salt i wont do that again

nfh1, May 19, 3:30am
I used one of those last year - they are very very salty!I just added more water and a tin of chick peas!

odfrj, May 19, 3:38am
yip add potatoes they absorb the salt.

sarahb5, May 19, 3:52am
Have only ever used one once - everyone was raving about them - thought they were vile and the soup ended up in the waste disposal

elsielaurie1, May 19, 4:22am
Add them whole. When partially cooked remove with a slotted spoon.

nfh1, May 19, 4:51am
Yep - once was more than enough.

raebea, May 19, 10:30am
If you add potatoes whole ,, take them out & mash them when cooked,& putthem back in & maybe with some more water, , it is probably easier to grate a couple of potatoes & cook a few minutes longer. The potatoes will also thicken the soup a bit which is also good for some soups,

tich50, May 19, 10:52am
iwouldaddafewwholepotatoesintocookwithwhenitstoosalty.alwaysthrewitawayafterbutlatelywouldjustbreakitupwithspoonandaddtosoup.reallyworks.

imakeabout20litresofveggiesoupweeklyformystudents duringwinterandtheylovethechunksofpotato.i havegrated potatoinaswell,lol.