Green Pepper Jelly. Devine.

jaybee6, Mar 12, 2:19am
500grGreen Peppers.1 tsp Tabasco sauce. 2 cups Cider Vinegar. 1 Cup of Water. 1 pkt Jam Set Powder. 2 Cups of Sugar and 2 Med Onions.
Mince or wizz peppers and onions. Bring to boil with tabasco sauce, vinegar and water. Add jam set powder boil 5 min, then add sugar and boil another 15min. or when you think it is ready. Makes 7 small jars.Note you must put the sugar in after the jam set powder.
This is lovely on crackers with cheese.Yummmmmmmmmm.

Have posted this for the lady I was talking to at super market so if you read this please let me know.Lol and anyone else who would care to make such and each relish.

ttwisty, Mar 12, 6:44pm
hi jaybee just wondering how hot it is with the tabasco sauce in the recipe, thanks

olwen, Mar 12, 6:56pm
That's very little tabasco for the qty.

neil_di, Mar 12, 7:34pm
do you strain the jelly !

rainrain1, Mar 12, 8:00pm
It sounds beautiful. I'm going to make :-)

falcon-hell, Mar 13, 2:14am
sounds good jaybee,could throw some jalapenos in too, for a kick.

jaybee6, Mar 13, 4:05am
Well I can tell you it is not a hot spread just a tasty one. I have just this minute finished making a batch.I will do another batch tomorrow. I love this and so does everyone else lol but too lazy to make it.What do I doI will let you guess.Yes hand it out to those lazy folk.It is soooooooooooo easy.By the way it is not a thick consistancy either so do not be alarmed.

cammie1, Mar 13, 5:56am
Many thanks for posting this recipe.I have lots of peppers in the garden and will make up some this week.I really does sound yummy!

jag5, Mar 13, 6:51am
The red one is yummy too.Alison Holst Recipe

bella95, Mar 15, 10:31am
Do you think this would work for red capsicums. Was given some jelly a few years ago and it was SO good I've been craving it since.

Thanks jag. Googled, didn't find a red capsicum jelly recipe but found this instead.
http://www.radionz.co.nz/genre/recipes/all
A recipe bonanza and I love that there's links at the bottom of the page for in season recipes.

griffo4, Mar 15, 7:47pm
Possibly a dumb ! but where do you get jam set powder please!
TIA

jag5, Mar 15, 9:01pm
Supermarket.Kings Jam Setting Mix.

No such thing as a dumb question btw LOL

jag5, Mar 15, 9:03pm
I have the recipe at home in my book.will post it later today.

griffo4, Mar 16, 12:02am
Thanks jag5 l will get some next week when l am in town it sounds so nice

jag5, Mar 16, 6:30am
Alison Holst - Red Pepper Jelly - 1 1/2 cups minced or finely chopped red peppers - 1 cup cider vinegar - 1/2 pkt powdered pectin - 1/2 cup water - 2 1/4 cups sugar.Remove the seeds and stems from 2-3 large red peppers and mince or chop or blend.Measure the solids and the juice into a large pot.Add the vinegar and the pectin mixed with the water.Boil, stirring frequently for five minutes.Add the sugar, stir well, bring back to the boil and boil briskly until setting consistency is reached.Pour into clean heated jars and seal.

Enjoy

bella95, Mar 16, 8:23am
Oohh brilliant. Thanks jag5. Only one I found had eggplant in it. Sounded great but I wanted a clear one.
Do you strain this one like a jelly or just bottle the lot like a jam. Thanks.

griffo4, Mar 16, 11:52pm
Thanks jag5 l will try both recipes

jag5, Mar 17, 2:26am
Just bottle like a jam.it is a glorious red colour.I also do a Red Pepper relish and Red Pepper Sauce.both also delicious.and pickle peppers too.also delicious.amazing little vegie .in fact the peppers look gorgeous if you do red, yellow and orange all together.really hold their colours well.I don't add green as they tend to go grey.

griffo4, Mar 17, 6:42am
Pickled peppers are the best
l made some and l have none left and when l took them to a dinner the hubby wouldn't let his wife give the leftovers back. not that l was going to take them, but it was a first for him,lol
They are such a hit where ever l take them so l am looking forward to the jelly recipes