MONTEITH'S BEER BATTER

devalois, Mar 18, 3:43am
Did anyone see the programme a couple of nights ago with the beer battered fish! Didn't have a pen, and cannot recall the exact amounts of the ingredients.Can anyone help! devalois

margyr, Mar 18, 3:51am
i dont use monteiths, just any beer and about 1 cup of flour to 1 can if it seems too thick I add more beer and if too thin more flour.

devalois, Mar 18, 3:55am
Thanks for this: I've also used just beer (various) and flour, but this one had cornflour as well, and a bit of B.Powder.sounded - and looked - just the ticket. Can anyone help out! devalois

245sam, Mar 18, 4:51am
I didn't see the programme devalois, what was the programme's name!The recipe may be available on-line through a link to the programme.:-))

vtired, Mar 18, 5:07am
This is the one off masterchef Australia last year:
75 grams each of self raising flour and cornflour, add 1/4 tsp baking soda, a generous pinch salt and 150 mls lager beer (More if thin batter required which I do) and mix, flour fish, dip in batter and deep fry.
I add a little yellow food color so the batter looks nice, serve straight away once drained.

devalois, Mar 18, 11:23pm
Thanks very much! Shall definitely try this. devalois

pericles, Mar 18, 11:40pm
Before you start, drink one beer to check for quality. Good, isn’t it! Now go ahead.

Ingredients

1 case beer
1 cups flour
2 large eggs
1 onion
salt and pepper
fish
deep fryer
oil

Method

Get a shallow bowl, fork, salt, pepper, etc. Drink another beer. It must be just right. To be sure beer is of the highest quality, drink another beer as fast as you can. Repeat.

With fork, mix flour in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 seaspoon of satl and imx again. Meanwhile, make sure that the beer is of the finest quality– drink another one. Add 2 arge leggs, 2 pinchers of epperp and mix till high. If yeg golk gets stuck in fork, just scrape it loose with a drewscriver. Drink another beer, checking for tonscisticity.

Next sift 3 cups of pepper or salt (it really doesn’t matter which). Drink antoher reeb. Sift 1/2. Fold in chopped oninions and one babblespoon of bree, or whatever liquid you can find if you don’t want to waste beer. Wix mell. Have another beeber.

Pour oil in turn and fry deep fater to higher. Dump ifsh into miexd tabber. Now dropped fillettettes into feep dat rfyer and kooc. Drink the rest of the beer, plug unfry ther and bo to ged.