Beer batter fish

lisa380, Dec 22, 3:52am
Hi there can i please have a recipe for a beer batter fish please for tea tonight, if this helps i am going to cook it in the deep fryer TIA

ieltwin, Dec 22, 3:57am
Beer battered fish
2 cups self rising flour
1 cup beer
1 cup water
4 150 gram fillets medium-textured white fish
1/4 cup chopped fresh dill or use parsley, chervil or lemon thyme
a little extra flour
Method

1.Sift the flour with a pinch of salt into a bowl and make a well in the centre. Stir in the beer and sufficient water, to make a smooth batter about the consistency of thick pouring cream.

2.Rub the fish fillets with the fresh herbs and then sprinkle each with a light coating of flour.

3.Heat sufficient oil in a deep fryer or wok to 180 degrees Celsius. Dip the dill coated fish fillets in the batter and pop straight into the deep fryer. Cook for about 5-7 minutes until golden. Drain on absorbent paper.

ieltwin, Dec 22, 4:01am
Beer batter fish
Ingredients:

* Firm fish fillets
* 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
* 1 egg, lightly beaten
* 375ml of beer
* plain flour for coating
* vegetable oil for frying

Method:

In a bowl, add the self-raising flour and beaten egg. Add beer slowly and whisk in.

Place into fridge for 1/2 an hour to rest.

Heat oil.

Cut pieces of fish to serving sizes. Roll in flour and shake off excess.

Take batter from fridge and give a light whisk to ensure it's all incorporated. Using a fork, dip the fish pieces into the batter and let the excess batter drain off.

Lay the fish gently into the hot oil. Cook until golden brown.

Drain on kitchen towel and serve with wedges of lemon and tartare sauce.

ieltwin, Dec 22, 4:05am
What I often do is google recipes and tick NZ box, amazing what you come up with. and the recipes are so good and easy to do Cheers

pickles7, Nov 30, 4:50pm
I couldn't bring myself to use the beer for batter, Drink it, and let your batter ferment. It makes for even, a betta batter.