Icecream

scroogeus, May 4, 2:26am
Hi, can I make the icecream with the measurement of milk &cream , all just cream, if milk is needed, I only would have green top milk, my thoughts are that all cream should be fine, except health of course, but just thought I would ask. thanks. Ready in the next day or so to make Licorice Icecream in my Sunbeam Icecream Maker.

willyow, May 4, 3:02am
If you make a custard-based ice cream using ajust milk it is fine -a little cream makes it nicwer. If you use justcream you tend to end up with ice cream that is likke a brick. A key to making icecream is to substitute a
bout 30 rgams of the sugar with glucose - available at health shops. Thismeans the ice cream is a little softer coming out of thefreezer. Also, another trick withmaking ice cream is to 'age' the custard before freezing - best coveredby plastic in a bowl overnight in the fridge. Even the rubbish icre cream producedby manufacturers is aged. . I usually work on about180 grams sugar, 4-5 egg yolks ( theemulsifier) 500-600 mls milk and 15-200 mlscream/Best flavourings - vanilla pod, then vanilla extract,or chocolate made by dissolving 4tablespoons ofcocoaby pouring some of the hotcustard onto it in asmall bowl - beating - and adding back to the mixture - yummy!

donna_jo29, May 4, 3:40am
mash up some bananas add cream,
freeze icecream machine overnight then put in and mix takes 15 minutes then its all hard and fluffy. add in fruit and whatever

donna_jo29, May 4, 3:41am
oh and yeah sugar with the mashed banana varies on your taste. so a banana to a half a cup of sugar to a pottle of cream

norse_westie, May 4, 4:50am
Thanks Willyow - I'm going to try this recipe with some of your vanilla!Would it be okay to make without an ice-cream maker!

scroogeus, May 4, 5:46am
Thanks for help, icecream mixture in fridge ready for making tomorrow. This is not my first, but always looking for the best recipe. Actually softened the licorice in ouzo, which should have burnt alcohol off in that stage, and so hopefully still make firm icecream.