Yoghurt maker

Page 2 / 2
lawz_21, Sep 19, 1:25am
They say to leave for 12-24 hrs or something. I always leave about 24 hrs and it is thicker :)

sarahb5, Sep 19, 1:46am
Me too - in the 15 years since I've had one I think I've had maybe 2 failures - one was in the heat of an Aussie summer and other was when it was really cold.I usually make mine in the morning so it's ready when I get home from work or before I go to bed for the morning.I do find with the Greek one though that it thickens and is creamier if you give it a good stir before you put it in the fridge.

alphadave, Sep 19, 2:51am
i add less water than they say usually 750mls and get lovely thick yogurt

sarahb5, Sep 19, 2:52am
Yeah by the time the bubbles have settled after the shaking I probably get about 900g - I never fill it right to the top like it says

janny3, Sep 19, 3:07pm
Easiyo sachets cost around $4.Smell of an oily rag website has tips for stretching them.

Flavoured packets can be halved in the Hansells or Easiyo and the other half replaced with an equal amount of inexpensive milk powder so that you get 2 litres yoghurt from one sachet.I use 3 TB plain yoghurt powder w/ approx 1 litre scalded milk, cool and set in yoghurt maker as usual.That way I get around 4 - 5 litres yoghurt from one packet.http://www.oilyrag.co.nz/your_favourite_recipes.htm#Yoghurt

creeky1, Sep 20, 2:54am
have easi-yo and never a problem.half fill jar with cold tap water, add mix, shake well, fill up rest of container, shake again. fill maker with just boiled water to top of baffle. add container and screw in lid. I leave 8-12 hrs.then into the fridge.

kay141, Sep 20, 3:25am
I'm not sure that is much cheaper as a litre of milk is nearly as dear as yoghurt powder on special. I have tried it and found the yoghurt doesn't keep as long either. 1l of yoghurt lasts me 2 weeks and, if made with a packet, doesn't go off but a milk one will. And milk powder is not much cheaper than milk.