PAUA some recipes please

islandbreeze, Apr 13, 9:35pm
PAUA MY BROTHER IN LAW HAS JUST GIVEN ME SOME PAUA NEED SOME RECIPES AND DO I NEED TO POUND THEM OR WHAT!Our mouths are drooling!

mwood, Apr 13, 10:34pm
Give them a good pounding then fry them in hot butter - 1 minute each side

r-mvz, Apr 13, 10:40pm
No need to pound.
Slice thinly.
Marinate in lemon juice, crushed garlic, chilli (optional).
Marinate for 2 hours.
Then fry quickly in a hot pan (I mix butter and oil).
Don't overcook.

vtired, Apr 14, 12:59am
Cut into chunks and mince in food processor with a small onion, couple slices plain bread-when minced add juice half lemon salt and pepper several eggs and a little flour to bind, heat pan w butter or combination butter oil and put spoonfulls on to cook each side 5-8 mins and serve.

pigletnz25, Apr 14, 5:01am
Just fry 3 minutes on each side, these are called albino steaks in america, just cut of the black bits and fry the white.Or if you want patties do as the above receipe.I'm so envious I love paua and these days never get them.

chrisynz, Apr 14, 5:03am
slice thinly, cool very lightly in butter and a little curry powder . add bottle of cream.is yummo

rainrain1, Apr 14, 5:07am
are you sure you don't mean abalone!

beaker59, Apr 14, 5:24am
Strange how just one keystroke different can make such a big difference to the meaning :D

islandbreeze, Apr 16, 6:52am
Thanks everyone going to try out thes recipeys any more out there yum yum!

rocket88, Apr 16, 9:42am
albino.because you only eat the white part.

sagenthyme, Apr 16, 9:44am
This is a great site for Paua

http://www.nzafa.org.nz/recipes/

makinmoney, Apr 17, 7:00am
Put it through a mincer (make sure you do it twice - much better consistency), put a slice of bread through at the end to get all the paua out.the bread can also go into the mixture.Finely chop onion and a single clove of garlic, add salt and pepper to suit.Add cream.Simply scoop small amouns (heaped teaspoon is fine) and cook in flattish balls in a frying pan with only a little bit of half butter / half oil mix.

Eat as soon as cooked - you won't be able to cook them fast enough - they are delicious!