Yummy banana cake recipe needed please

chrisynz, Apr 7, 9:56pm
thats moist and tasty.

jody23, Apr 7, 10:03pm
i made the one from the edmonds cook book yesterday, added a little extra banana and it is yum

harrislucinda, Apr 7, 10:10pm
try this1cup sugar1 1/2cupsselfraisingflour1cupmashedbanana1tspvanilla ess1/2cup coconut1/2cup coconutmilk orcream2beateneggs135 grmmeltedbuttermixaltogherbakeabout1hr

harrislucinda, Apr 7, 10:10pm
try this1cup sugar1 1/2cupsselfraisingflour1cupmashedbanana1tspvanilla ess1/2cup coconut1/2cup coconutmilk orcream2beateneggs125 grmmeltedbuttermixaltogherbakeabout1hr

kinna54, Apr 8, 7:52am
Thats the one I use too, always add extra bananas, up to 4.

keruru, Apr 11, 5:51am
After much trial and error, my wife found the perfect one! With a few secrets to boot.and it's not what you think to do to get it moist. I'll have to get my wife to put it up as I don't have the recipe! Watch this space!

bev00, May 25, 10:43am
BANANA CAKE WITH CRUNCHY WALNUT TOPPING

125g butter
2 eggs
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup sugar
3 bananas
1/4 cup milk

Place soft butter and sugar in large bowl. Mix until smooth. Add eggs then bananas. Add flour, baking powder and milk. Mix until flour is just mixed in.

Trick is don't overmix a banana cake otherwise it will go gluggy.

Spread into greased circle tin. (I use a bunt cake tin). Next add topping.

TOPPING

2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts

Melt butter and add remaining ingredients, combine together and drizzle over the cake.

Bake at 180oC 35-40 mins.

Quoter-mvz (310 )9:52 pm, Wed 25 May #17

lil_angel_kel, May 25, 11:03am
Google the Chelsea sugar one. It's pretty plain n straight forward, but delicious and moist :)

starlight2346, May 26, 5:09am
For a change I sometimes cook my banana cake in a swiss roll (slice) tin. Once cooked allow time to cool, then cut in half. Evenly spread freshly made mock cream on one slab then carefully place remaining half on top.Icing sugar can be sprinkled over the top, then I pop into plastic container and keep in fridge, not that it lasts long, very quickly disappears in our household :)

kiwigoldie, May 26, 6:31am
the mix and melt banana cake.

It can all be done into the pot! Melt 150g butter. Add 3/4 c sugar, 2 eggs and 1 tsp vanilla essence. Mix well.
Sift 2c flour, 2tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp baking soda on top of melted ingredients in the pot.
Mix and add 1/2 c milk and 1c (about 2) mashed bananas.
Pour into well greased and lined 20cm ring tin
Bake at 180 C for 30-40 mins (check after 30 so it doesn’t go for too long and dry out)
This keeps really well and actually gets moister after a few days.

bev00, Jun 2, 8:33am
Heres the chelsea sugar one -
Family sized Chocolate or Banana Cake
Ingredients 250grams melted butter 2 1/2 cups of Chelsea Caster Sugar 2 large eggs 2 tablespoons Chelsea Golden Syrup 4 cups self raising flour 3 tablespoons baking cocoa for chocolate cake -or for Banana cake, 2 very ripe, large mashed bananas 2 teaspoons baking soda 2 1/2 cups luke warm milk Method Cream butter and caster sugar. Add eggs and golden syrup - if making banana cake, add bananas and mix well. Sift together flour, baking powder - and cocoa if baking chocolate cake. Dissolve baking soda in milk. Blend dry ingredients and milk into the butter mixture together and mix until well combined and mixture is lump free. Pour into a very large cake tin (equivalent to oven roasting dish) lined with greaseproof paper. Bake 180°C for 45-50 minutes or until cake comes away from the paper. Wait 10 minutes before turning cake onto rack. When cold, ice with chocolate icing sprinkle with coconut and serve.

lynja, Jun 3, 7:29am
This recipe is from the message board and is FANTASTIC, i made it today and it makes 2 ring tin sized cakes.
Banana Chocolate Yogurt Cake
2 cups sugar
200g butter
3 cups self raising flour
2 eggs
2 tsp baking soda
1 cup boiling water
1 cup plain yogurt
1 ½ tsp vanilla essence
2 mashed bananas
½ cup cocoa
¼ tsp salt
Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Turn mixture in to medium roasting dish and bake at 180C for an hour. That’s it. Note, I pour the boiling water over the butter/marg to melt it. You don’t have to use plain yogurt. I have used fruit flavoured and it is lovely. I have also left out the cocoa altogether and not replaced it with anything. Bananas can be replaced with other soft fruit. So there you go. Very versatile. It will work fine in two smaller cake tins or even as muffins.* In my oven it took an hour and 10 minutes.*
Recipe from evorotoruat this from here and it is fantastic,

korban, Jun 4, 8:36am
the mix and melt cake is yummo and so easy to make