Just saw the ad for kenwood chef

nik12, Apr 3, 9:57am
It had a pasta attachment that went on the front. is that a new thing! Or is the there a bit I can pull off the front of my 12 year old one and add it! Yep I am being lazy as we're moving and I've packed mine.I'm thinking the meat grinder (if I'd every used it) went on the front somewhere!

welderman, Apr 3, 9:59pm
when you unpack look on the bottom of your machine for the model no(it should begin with km)then call kenwood and they will tell you the correct model of pasta maker, i use mine at least once a week,it makes all different shapes

nik12, Apr 4, 2:22am
Cool, thanks for that!

patsprat, Apr 4, 4:40am
Are these attachments widely available or do you have to order them from the manufacturer or somewhere else!I've been looking at the ads for the pasta maker too and the mincer and chopper. on and on it goes.
My Kenwood Chef is only 2 years old

pollypoo, Apr 4, 6:37am
I didnt have too much luck with the pasta maker otg the recipe. It was really tough. any hints!

jag5, Apr 5, 12:35am
I so want one of these new ones.look awesome.how much would they retail for I wonder!

bill241, Apr 5, 1:25am
When I was getting my stand mixer sorted out my dad said that the new Kenwoods he looked at were $1500, not sure if he was right about that though.

pheebs1, Apr 5, 1:58am
i think thats right as the bowls alone are over 200 to replace with all the attachments youd want to buy for it i reckon its the equivalent cost of a small secondhand car!
but id still like one

teddy147, Apr 5, 2:30am
yes ive seen the ads and i soooooo want one.

cookessentials, Apr 5, 2:33am
Yep, they sure are. I just LOVE the pasta extruder i have for my KitchenAid, its so quick and easy

suzannelg, Apr 5, 8:14am
The ad is a bit misleading. they aren't even showing a chef but rather a Major.

welderman, Apr 5, 11:42am
kenwood mixers retail for $649 to $1799. The one on the tv ad is a km010 it retails for $1199

jimmy2102, Apr 5, 11:54pm
Wow they are expensive,ive seen Kitchenaid on Amazon for $250-$350, with free postage. Are we being ripped off or what.

cookessentials, Apr 5, 11:55pm
No, its called shipping and customs duty.

jimmy2102, Apr 6, 7:56am
New Kitchen Aids are $1,000 - shipping and customs cant be more than $600 per machine!

cookessentials, Apr 6, 8:01am
If you bring anything into NZ which is over NZD$400 (including the shipping cost) you are hit with duty. Add to that, a converter for the change of power from USA to NZ ( and the risk of it affecting your other appliances) which are not cheap and also the fact that the warranty is null and void.

jimmy2102, Apr 6, 8:09am
Oh i see because amazon are charging less than NZD$400 and no shipping fee, i wont be charged any duty. I know they give a warranty, and have seen the converter for about$30.

jimmy2102, Apr 6, 9:15am
The site was amazon.com.au, as its australia you wouldnt need a converter.

jimmy2102, Apr 7, 5:57am
Get yourself a bargain