Muffins with choc eggs inside.

korbo, Feb 27, 8:52am
Somewhere I read about making muffins, and puttingone of those very small easter eggs in the middle.
I tried this with some last year, and the choc didnt melt.Was still hard.
Can anyone remember or know what ones would melt inside the muffin.
thanks. thought they would be different.

southerngurl, Feb 27, 8:56am
a lady i talk to uses the caramello ones that are on the long blister packs.

gardie, Feb 27, 5:35pm
The chocolate will be soft it you eat it warm.Goes back to hard once cooled.And I agree with southerngurl - use those caramel ones in blister packs - not cheap brands for best results.

actiongirl1, Feb 28, 10:41am
I have made chocolate muffins with an after dinner mint inside.yummmmy

korbo, Feb 28, 6:08pm
awe, the mint sounds nice. might try today. thanks.

jude343, Feb 29, 12:53am
i have made with choc almonds & choc apricots.
however my favourite is the choc turkish delight

olwen, Mar 12, 11:53am
I used this idea yesterday and used rolos.Coffee flavoured cupcake with chocolate icing and chopped walnuts on top

maynard9, Mar 12, 7:57pm
Olwen - any chance of the cupcake recipe. Thanks

sue1955, Mar 12, 11:10pm
me too please olwen.

olwen, Mar 12, 11:25pm
It's an Edmond's recipe I modified

125 gr butter
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 cup sugar (recipe says castor, but I use ordinary)
2 eggs
1 cup flour
2 tspns baking powder
1/4 cup milk

Cream butter, sugar and vanillia, add eggs 1 at a time and beat after each.Fold in flour and b.p.Stir in milk.

I added a couple of spoonfuls of instant coffee to the milk,

This makes 12 "normal size" cakes.I put a rolo in each case when part full then filled them up,Bake at 190C for 15 minutes.I use a plain glace icing.On the off chance people don't know it here's how.

Place some icing sugar in a bowl with a knob of butter.I guess I use about a cup of icing sugar but I have icing left over.I used about a teaspoon of vanilla and a couple of tablespoons of cocoa (you can use other flavourings and colours depending on what you are making).Add boiling water a few drops at a time until it reaches a spreading consistency.Then spread on cake with a knife and add any sprinkles before it sets.It doesn't set really hard.

olwen, Mar 12, 11:30pm
Modifying above cupcake recipe.

Lemon or orange
Omit vanilla essence and add 2 teaspoons lemon rind or orange ring.

Queen cakes
Add 1/2 cup sultanas before milk

Chocolate
Substitute some cocoa for some flour.Edmonds says 2 tbspns, but I use a bit more

carcasslistener, Apr 3, 3:01am
Bumping for myself. Sorry

huia991, Apr 3, 3:05am
I have also put the cadbury caramello and peppermint chocs that come in the tubes into muffins - and jersey caramels

dbab, Apr 3, 3:57am

guest, Jan 11, 11:16am
Your hoetnsy is like a beacon

guest, Jan 13, 2:23pm
reverse phone lookup / It was shmitoeng of great contentment getting to your site recently. I arrived here this day hoping to look for out shmitoeng new. I was not disappointed. Your ideas on new strategies on this area were enlightening and a fantastic help to me personally. Thank you for creating time to write down these things as well because for sharing your ideas.

guest, Jan 14, 10:14am
acne light treatment / Do you mind if I quote a cpuloe of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources back to your website? My blog site is in the exact same niche as yours and my users would definitely benefit from some of the information you present here. Please let me know if this alright with you. Many thanks!