I need some quick, sweet recipes!

tortenz, Feb 15, 1:33am
I'm teaching a class for an afterschool programme type thing.They've decided to change it from cake and cupcake decorating (my specialty!), to just a generic 'sweet treat' class, and cut the time to an hour!This hour involves clean up too.

The blurb for the class mentions making tarts and meringues.I can do tarts if we use pre-made cases, but I think I'll have to leave out the meringues.What I need from you lovelies is any ideas (not necessarily recipes) for what I can do in these classes.Bear in mind, many of these kids don't know a lot so something that takes me 10mins takes them 2 or 3 times as long!

So far I have:
Tim Tam Truffles
Mini Banoffee Pies (pre-made cases)
Chocolate Tart
Mini Cheesecakes in cupcake cases
Cookies and cream fudge in cupcake cases
Mars bar slice!
Chocolate Mousse!

They need to be able to take them home, there is limited equipment (a couple of cupcake trays, a cake tin).If it's not set or cooled in time, they still need to be able to take it with them.

Ideally it should be about 45mins work.I'd quite like some ideas for things that need cooking, but not sure if it's possible.

Thanks!

bridget107, Feb 15, 1:41am
Hi, have a flick through my blog http://aftertasteblog.wordpress.com . What about combining the meringue and the tart and making muffin tray sized lemon meringue pies! http://aftertasteblog.wordpress.com/2011/12/19/mini-lemon-meringue-pies/ Other recipes linked from here. http://aftertasteblog.wordpress.com/recipe-index/

bridget107, Feb 15, 1:44am

tortenz, Feb 15, 1:51am
Oh peppermint slice. hmm. Lemon meringue would have to use pre-made case, but at least it still gets baked.

The above slice would still take too long. 6 teenagers, split into 2 groups. so 2 trays to go in the oven which will make cooking time longer (+ mucking around).Would leave about 2 mins to cool in tray ;)

Actually, I don't know if there are any trays!

tortenz, Feb 15, 1:53am
Except the ultimate crime of adding coconut to all slice recipes! hehe!

dilligaf_dah, Feb 15, 11:03am
rice bubble crackles.

munrotti, Feb 15, 7:19pm
Chocolate lamingtons usng store-bought trifle sponge.

malcovy, Feb 15, 7:36pm
This is one that we made when school had cooking classes and parents helped, it was a fun time and these are so fun to make and delicious.
Marshmallow Treats
100g butter, melted
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tin condensed milk
2 tsp cocoa
1 and 1/2 cups biscuits, crushed
1 pkt marshmallows
vanilla ess
coconut
Melt first 4 ingredients in a pot and remove from heat.Add vanilla and biscuits.Leave to cool, can be put in another bowl and put in fridge when cooled down to hasten cooling if on time restraints.Take 1 tsp and roll around marshmallow and then in coconut, keep hands damp while rolling mixture.I would buy a normal pack of biscuits and remove 14 and what is left gives you approximately 1 and 1/2 cups.

k.b.moss, Feb 16, 6:41am
tortenz wrote:
Any chance you could pretty please share the reciepes for

Tim Tam Truffles
Mini Cheesecakes in cupcake cases
Cookies and cream fudge in cupcake cases
Mars bar slice!

baalamb, Feb 17, 12:18am
Lolly cake!

k.b.moss, Feb 17, 5:42am
yummy lollie cake please please please can people put up reciepes :):):):)

baalamb, Feb 17, 7:13am
I dont use an actual recipe, crsuh up about 2 packets of malt biscuits, add chopped eskimos or fruit puffs, mix in enough (probably about a can of condensed milk, until its all sticking together. On either a piece of baking paper or gladwrap, liberally sprinkle coconut, then tip sticky mixture out onto it. Form into a log shape, roll in coconut, making sure its all well covered. Refrigerate - and dont forget to share it!

dotty23, Feb 18, 7:59am
Bumping for the Tim Tam truffles recipe!

samboy, Nov 3, 1:03am
I love your blog site, great recipes just had an hour looking through and printing out some favourites.

vampiriousmist, Nov 3, 1:14am
Yum yum baalamb !

bridget107, Nov 3, 7:38am
Thanks so much samboy. Enjoy!

mossum, Nov 3, 8:07am
muffins!
100g meleted butter
1 c milk
1 large egg
1 x apple cubed
beat
2 c wholemeal flour