Left over cooked chicken

supersapper, Feb 8, 1:01am
what do people usually do with it!I mostly do a stir-fry but thats getting a bit ho-hum so any yummy ideas you'd like to share would be appreciated :)

ant_sonja, Feb 8, 1:09am
what about a cold, shredded chicken salad! or a burrito or enchilada meal!

suzanna, Feb 8, 1:10am
Using search facility on left - keyword 'left over chicken' - date posted 'last year' will give you many many ideas.

raewyn64, Feb 8, 1:15am
just thinking the same on the cold salad - it is a perfect day for a salad for dinner :)

sarahb5, Feb 8, 1:18am
I either make a salad (either chicken & pasta or a curried chicken one) or put it into a pie - depends on the weather and what's in the fridge/pantry

mandymc, Feb 8, 2:20am
I usually do chicken curry, chicken pie or chicken croquettes.

rj5, Feb 8, 2:27am
oh i do a yummy chicken chowmein with it

korbo, Feb 8, 2:36am
there is a yummy pineapple recipe in the Edmonds book. Make it often.

samboy, Feb 8, 9:32am
chicken and mushroom fettucine
minced cooked chicken rissoles
chicken and vegetable strudel (using filo pastry)
chicken fricasee

dezzie, Feb 8, 10:05am
I lightly cook up alsorts of vege in chicken stock, thicken it, then add the chicken and make like a chicken crumble typepie with stuffing sprinkled over.

lythande1, Feb 8, 5:36pm
Chicken and Mushroom cannelloni

rainrain1, Feb 8, 6:13pm
into a quiche

kiwitel, Feb 8, 6:16pm
Chicken pie- yum!

seniorbones, Feb 8, 8:43pm
peel and slice potatoes line a micro dish and dot with butter, cook for around 10 mins until cooked. cover with cooked chicken diced red pepper and spring onions, make a light cheese sauce pour over and sprinkle with a little more cheese. Not too much cheese or you can loose the flavour of the chicken and it becomes too cheesy and sickly. Heat until bubbly in the micro or oven. I like the oven so the cheese browns on top.

seniorbones, Feb 8, 8:44pm
there is a 'proper' recipe with the sauce and it has mustard and mayonaise in it which is yummy but a couple of times I have just made a normal cheese sauce.

supersapper, Feb 9, 8:30am
Thanks for all those suggestions.I made a yummy pie with chicken and vegetables that my fussy (sometimes) boarder really enjoyed :)

baalamb, Feb 9, 7:28pm
I make filo parcels, with chicken and veges. Lovely hot or cold.