Anyone have a nice Risoni salad recipe

taurushat, Jan 23, 8:41am
I had one recently with corn kernels, capsicum, red onion, not sure what else, but it had a lovely dressing (not a creamy dressing).

245sam, Jan 23, 11:51am
taurushat, here's one from a mid-December supermarket circular so as yet I haven't tried it but you might like to try it, in which case I'd be very interested to know what you think of the salad.

RISONI SALAD WITH ROAST VEGETABLES AND FETA
150g pumpkin, peeled and cubed
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 red capsicum, diced
1 red onion. chopped
1 kumara, peeled and diced
2 courgettes, cubed
2 tbsp flour
6 tbsp oil
saltandpepper
250g risoni, cooked
200g feta cubed
a handful of chopped fresh herbs

Toss the pumpkin, garlic, capsicum, onion, kumara and courgettes in the flour and tip them into a roasting dish with the oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Roast at180°Cfor25-30 minutes, shaking occasionally. Leave to cool for 10 minutes, and then toss the roasted vegetables with the cooked risoni, the feta and the chopped herbs. Serve. :-))

joseph2404, Jan 23, 11:54am
is this a pasta ?

taurushat, Jan 23, 8:33pm
Thanks 245Sam... lots of nice veges in that recipe, will certainly give it go. Yes it is a pasta Joseph2404.

toadfish, Jan 23, 9:05pm
x1
Risoni Pesto Salad

Ingredients:
2-3 Tbs of Pesto (add to reduce for personal taste)
1/2 packet of Risoni
50 grams Pine Nuts
12-15 Sun-Dried Tomatoes (sliced)

Preparation:
Cook Risoni Pasta as on packet. Toast Pine Nuts (be careful not to let them burn) Drain pasta, mix in pine nuts, sun-dried tomatoes and pesto. Serve warm or chilled (Variation add cooked chicken)

toadfish, Jan 23, 9:06pm
Pesto, feta & risoni salad

Ingredients (serves 4)
250g dried risoni pasta
1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed, cut into 1cm pieces diagonally
150g green beans, topped, cut into 2cm pieces
1 x 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
100g feta, crumbled
75g baby rocket leaves
60g (1/4 cup) bought basil pesto
1 tbs fresh lemon juice
1 tbs hot water

Method
Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Add the asparagus and beans in the last minute of cooking. Refresh under cold running water. Drain. Set aside to cool completely.

Combine the pasta mixture, tomato, feta and rocket in a large bowl. Combine the pesto, lemon juice and water in a small bowl. Add pesto mixture to the pasta mixture and toss to combine.

Variation: Pesto & ricotta wholemeal pasta salad: Replace the risoni with dried wholemeal spiral pasta. Replace the feta with 200g fresh ricotta.

toadfish, Jan 23, 9:08pm
Vegetable and risoni bake

Ingredients (serves 6)
1 zucchini, thinly sliced
250g punnet cherry tomatoes
200g butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 5mm-thick wedges
2 cups risoni pasta
2 cups reduced-salt vegetable stock
1/2 cup white wine
3/4 cup frozen peas
2 tablespoons basil pesto
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

Method
Preheat oven to 180°C. Place zucchini, tomatoes, pumpkin, risoni, stock and wine into a saucepan. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring to avoid sticking, or until all liquid has been absorbed.

Remove from heat. Stir in peas and pesto. Season with salt and pepper.

Spoon mixture into an 8-cup capacity ceramic baking dish. Sprinkle with parmesan. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is golden. Serve immediately.

toadfish, Jan 23, 9:09pm
Basil pesto with risoni- Healthy Food Guide

Instructions
Cook the risoni until tender in boiling salted water.

While the risoni is cooking, place the garlic, basil, olive oil, lemon juice and three-quarters of the lemon rind in a processor and blend until smooth. Add the parmesan and edam to the mixture. Blend well and season to taste with salt and pepper.

Drain the pasta and transfer to a large serving bowl. Spoon over the basil pesto and toss to coat the pasta. Season and serve immediately topped with fresh basil and the remaining lemon zest.

toadfish, Jan 23, 9:11pm
x1
Risoni Pasta Salad recipe

Ingredients :

3 slices bacon, cooked and diced
250g risoni, cooked
50mL extra virgin olive oil
25mL red wine vinegar
2tsp Dijon mustard
1 spring onion, sliced
1/4c apricots, fineley chopped
25g pine nuts, toasted
1/4c basil leaves, chopped
1-2tbsp chopped Italian parsley

How to Prepare :

Mix together the vinegar, olive oil and mustard and add to hot, drained risoni. Add everything else once pasta has cooled. Serve.

Brilliant as a salad for barbeques, or as a pre-packed lunch for work.

toadfish, Jan 23, 9:13pm
Risoni Salad

Ingredients
½ packet of Risoni.
1 small tin of sweet corn kernels
¼ small red onion thinly cut
¼ green capsicum thinly cut
½ red hot chilli (or as desired) thinly cut
½ bunch of Italian parsley
8 black olive slices (or as desired) thinly cut.
130 ml balsamic & garlic Vinaigrette made with extra virgin olive oil
½ Pkt of slivered almonds

Preparation method
1. Cook the Risoni as per instruction on packet.
2. Put in bowl and add onion, chilli, capsicum and Vinaigrette while still hot.
3. Let cool down in fridge.
4. Add remaining ingredients.

toadfish, Jan 23, 9:14pm
Found all the above using Google... they all look delicious... I have some in the cupboards... think I am going to do the one with Feta.

taurushat, Jan 24, 4:06am
Wonderful, thanks Toadfish, will give them all a try.

245sam, Jan 24, 4:18am
taurushat, are you aware that risoni/risone is also known as Orzo so no doubt a Google search for 'Orzo recipes' would also produce some more options but here's a link to some more risoni recipese. g. Chicken Risoni, Hearty Pork Risoni and Basil Soup... . . :-

http://www.sanremo.com. au/recipes/? q=

taurushat, Jan 24, 4:42am
No I didn't know that, thanks again for the links.

ruby19, Jan 25, 6:58pm
This is a great salad, Spinach, feta & orzo salad. 448 g uncooked orzo pasta, 280 g baby spinach leaves, finely chopped,
225 g crumbled feta cheese, 1/2 red onion, finely chopped, 100 g pine nuts, 1/2 tsp dried basil ( or fresh to taste), 1/4 tsp ground pepper, 120 ml olive oil, 120 ml balsamic vinegar.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add orzo and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse with cold water. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in spinach, feta, onion, pine nuts, basil and white pepper. Toss with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Refrigerate and serve cold.

jimbob37, Jan 25, 8:25pm
I just put in pesto, pine nuts, and whatever vegies I have in the fridge - eg red onion, spring onion, capsicum, celery etc. I also roast kumara in small pieces and put that in, and sometimes cut up bacon.

vinee, Jan 25, 9:52pm
it's rice shaped pasta, isn't it?

taurushat, Jan 25, 10:22pm
Yes it is a rice shaped pasta. Many thanks for recipes.

vashti, Dec 27, 10:12am
I have never heard of it before. I am not that keen of pasta, especially if the pastais big.
I think I might like Risoni, thanks for the recipes. I have basil growing in the garden, that I bought on impulse and dont really know what to do with it lol.