KitchenAid Mixers

Page 3 / 5
andree3, Dec 28, 8:18am
if you buy from amazon.com they charge a $109 import fees deposit - do we need to pay that or does it get refunded if shipping to nz! cheers

cookessentials, Dec 28, 7:02pm
just turn it down a notch Maureen.

seniorbones, Dec 28, 10:21pm
yes I do but I'm always in a hurry and think 'I will keep an eye on it' it isnt too bad I usually catch it before it turns to butter and then I read a hint that if you over beat cream to stir in some more liquid cream and it works!

erika12, Dec 28, 10:26pm
I have wanted one for years. They are so beautiful. I would be happy just to look at it !

rainrain1, Dec 28, 10:44pm
I got mine with CRT points and it cost me nothing, l made one pav, then looked at it sitting on my bench for a month or so, decided I would never use it, and so gave it away for a xmas present

sharonann1, Dec 29, 6:59pm
I am looking at getting one from Hong Kong, so are you saying that if something went wrong with it they wouldnt honour the warranty. Someone is bringing me back one!

cookessentials, Dec 29, 7:12pm
Your warranty is covered by the country you purchsed it. In other words, if you have a machine from overseas, the NZ distributors will not honour that warranty.

pickles7, Dec 29, 7:52pm
What are some of the problems you know of with the KitchenAid mixer!,.cookessentials .

sharonann1, Dec 29, 7:56pm
Do you know how long the warranty is for! Thanks

shop-a-holic, Dec 30, 12:05am
May I just also add: many of the attachments and accessories are different for the two different machines.Machines which are sold in NZ; AUST and SGP take the EURO type accessories.
The US purchased machines will not fit the additional tools supplied and sold in NZ.
The reason is: On models available here (they're called euro too); there is a spring loaded on the driver stem and a metal cap suspended. This is for Health, Safety and Food safety regulations which do not apply in the US Market. The cap is to stop any of the gearing oils interferring with food preparation. The US purchased machines do not have this feature.
As a result: the attachments have to be made to acommodation the cap and spring on the machines sold other than the US.

pickles7, Dec 30, 12:19am
Are you are saying the U S machines,drip oil into the food! .

davidt4, Dec 30, 1:18am
For anyone in Auckland who wants one, I've just been at Harvey Norman in Wairau Park, and they have KitchenAids in many colours for $729, and the Almond colour for $629.They were in the outlet section.

cookessentials, Dec 30, 1:47am
Yes, it is full 3 month replacement warranty plus five years parts and labour against manufacturing faults for household use. i would prefer not to buy a reconditioned one from an outlet of HN.

dreamers, Dec 30, 1:58am
Do the ones sold from the outlet centre come with full warranty!

pickles7, Dec 30, 2:10am
Are all of them from H N reconditioned.cookessential-
s .I expect you are talking about, Harvey Normans.
What is the main problem with them!.
The 3 month warranty, is that on new machines! or the reconditioned ones.

sharonann1, Dec 30, 3:18am
Just got mine today, red one decided to buy one locally in Christchurch paid $995. Went the safe way just in case. Looks great sitting on my black bench!

cookessentials, Dec 30, 4:27am
Good on you, although you could have got it at $895 with free shipping, but you would have had to wait until distributors were back. I am just going through the catalogue to decide which attachments I want to add. Have decided so far on the mincer/grinder and sausage stuffing tubes, a glass bowl as a spare, the grater/shredder and the pasta extruder which is fairly new.
http://www.kitchenaid.co.nz/au/our-products/artisan-range/stand-mixers/stand-mixer-accessories/artisan-range/stand-mixers/stand-mixer-accessories/pasta-pressit's pretty cool as it gives you spaghetti, rigatoni,fusilli and some others.they great thing is that the pasta comes out with a rough outer texture to hold the sauce.

davidt4, Dec 30, 4:33am
I don't know - I just noticed them in passing.They looked brand new, not reconditioned.Give Harvey Norman a ring and ask.

pickles7, Dec 30, 5:12am
A good decision to buy locally,.sharonann1.postage to return it, if anything happens is costly. Sometimes you don't get charged to return faulty goods, there are times when you do, both ways.
I would check out the warranty, 3 months is not long at all.

pickles7, Dec 30, 5:14am
Do they get sent to Aussie to be fixed .cookessentials .surely there is a New Zealand Agent.

bill241, Dec 30, 5:20am
I'm getting mine locally, so that I don't have to wait for it and if anything happens I can return it to the store ( I presume) rather than sending it away. I'm going to get the pasta extruder attachment I think. I went to look at them today to make sure I'm still happy with the colour I'm planning on getting.eeee so excited!

pickles7, Dec 30, 5:28am
How many do you cook for at your place of work!.bill241.I had to sent a computer to Auckland once to be repaired, from Whakatane. It was cheaper to get it fixed locally, and it was done in the time it would have taken it to be couriered, then you take the risk of it being dropped.

cookessentials, Dec 30, 5:31am
I would suggest that you sit down and watch the DVD that comes with your machine. You can also go to the NZ KitchenAid website where they have a freequently asked questions page http://www.kitchenaid.co.nz/nz/my-kitchen-aid/faq you can also register on there. Make sure you register your machine online.you will find the model ( which is more than likely the KSM150) and serial number underneath your machine. Registering your machine online is pretty simple to do ( I would hope that the retailer you bought it from gave you all this info!!)

sharonann1, Dec 30, 5:36am
I rang Harvey Norman in Auckland. The Kitchen Aid mixers they are selling are seconds with a 12 month warranty. The girl did say that the defect they have are not very noticable, however after careful consideration I decided to buy locally. I go back to the old saying you get what you pay for. I am delighted with my purchase and also knowing if something was to go wrong there would be no hassle.

cookessentials, Dec 30, 5:44am
Good girl, you did the right thing. I have sold four since just before Christmas and We had a promotion on them in August at $895 and we sold eight. Every customer is thrilled with their purchase. I have one lady who wanted to replace her old and combersome Kenwood. She came in with her son who then convinced her to buy another kenwood and she has regretted it ever since.she keeps oming in and saying " I should have listened to you" she is a great patisserie cook and I still maintain she would have been far better off with the KitchenAid.