KitchenAid Mixers

Page 2 / 5
shop-a-holic, Jan 2, 7:45am
Retailers are selective on what products they stock will be on sale or not. Especially the likes of Smith and Caughey; Kirk & Staines and Ballantynes etc.
You are buying the Louis Vuitton of mixers, and even Louis never ever has a sale.
You will never find them on sale. If they are, like Louis its a fake or second-hand recon.
More often than not, you will see a sign displayed to the tune of "Stock at Regular Prices".

shop-a-holic, Jan 2, 7:54am
pickles7 - Did you know your profile contains spelling mistakes!

cookessentials, Jan 2, 8:42am
Yep, I know all about that. We had them for $895 for August and we wear the cost( the proift margin for retailers is very small) but we sold eight of them, so was a win win situation. Shop-a-holic, have you seen the new Bosch stand mixer! Seriously modern looking. There is an advertisement in the latest Delicious mag.

cookessentials, Jan 2, 8:43am
Yeah, dont ya LOVE the Americanism!

shop-a-holic, Jan 2, 9:04am
CELEBRITY CHEFS AND THEIR KITCHENAIDS

Paula Deen likes the White colour.
Gordon's "F Word" Kitchen contains 5 x Candy Apple Red Limited Edition ones.
Heston has two Aubergines.
Iron Chef America kitchen is decked out in "Avis Rental" Red colours.
Martha has so many different colours; most used are the all Metal Chrome and Gunmetal Grey.Most recently, she's shifted to the Custom Metallic range with glass bowls and double-edge sworded beaters.
Gordon convinced me to go with Black after seeing it in his kitchen at home in Wandsworth.
The Goddess Nigella, either uses the cream one or almond. I can't make up my mind, as she cooks a lot in the dark with only fairy lights in her kitchen to guide her.

cookessentials, Jan 2, 9:18am
Donna Hay has the "Ice" and of course, it is our business colours LOL.

shop-a-holic, Jan 2, 9:24am
She also has Wusthof Culinear issued to all staff! And uses Shun at home.
That's why I'm going to replace my WC's with the latter this year.
I'm so shallow.LOL!

knowsley, Jan 2, 9:28am
I've only ever seen Heston use Kenwood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=AwsyMOu3d3o

bill241, Jan 2, 10:20am
I wonder if any celebrity chefs use the trusty ol' Victorinox Fibrox range that I have, haha. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that they definitely don't

deluxe4u, Jan 3, 2:56am
http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=n_hwtVVrD8U&feature=related

Kenwood in foreground (maybe sponser!) but kitchen aid in background ;)

I have Artisan Baby Pink, sooooo preetttyyy.

knowsley, Jan 3, 3:46am
It's just for eye candy - the Kenwood does the work. :o)

cookessentials, Jan 3, 4:15am
Nothing wrong with those bill241.we sell a heap of them.

cookessentials, Jan 3, 4:17am
Much prefer a gear driven machine to a belt driven any day and I would much prefer that my mixer mixed to some 67 points of the bowl to the eleven of a Kenwood.

bill241, Jan 3, 4:27am
Yeah I find them pretty good, but they're not a glamorous product though that's for sure! I often lust after Global ones or J.A Henckels, they're beautiful

thelaw014, Jan 3, 4:48am
cookessentials - there is absolutely no way I can afford a Kitchenaid, do you think a Breville BEM800 would be an acceptable second choice!

cookessentials, Jan 3, 4:54am
Global are a softer steel. I have and prefer the Henckels and I love them.

bopgirl1, Dec 26, 7:02am
Hi, just wondering if anyone on here has bought a Kitchenaid mixer from NZ or overseas and what they think of it!Heard nothing but good about these and thinking about getting one off amazon for around $550.Pretty good since they are selling for just under $1000 here.Would they be able to be fixed in NZ if something went wrong!

cookessentials, Dec 26, 7:07am
Short answer.no.The warranty is for the country purchased only. Brilliant machines. I would look at the exchange rate, cost of shipping ( if they will supply) and the cost of a convertor for the power.

bopgirl1, Dec 26, 7:14am
Yeah, its all about $550 all up cos of the exchange rate and so much cheaper - Shop's here must be making a huge profit!Good idea about the converter though!I hadn't thought of that

cookessentials, Dec 26, 7:26am
Sadly.no the profit is very small. You have to take into consideration that goods bought in to NZ attract import duty, freight etc.

kate777, Dec 27, 6:49am
Step down transformers (US mixer on NZ power supply) is $70 Buy Now on here. Make sure you get one for a 350 watt mixer.
I paid $380 NZD buying my Kitchenaid in the States and I absolutely love it, so much cheaper. Also there's a place you can buy reconditioned Kitchenids for a fraction of the usual cost. I think it might even be on the kitchenaid website. It's in Ohio anyway.

coreblimey, Dec 27, 9:10am
I bought mine from Amazon around 4-5 months ago and it cost less than $300 including the $80 freight.Obviously there is no warranty.I had to buy a step down transformer which was around $120 as the mixer has a HUGE 750 watt motor.There is no import duty or tariff on a purchase that small.It is a brilliant mixer and I am very glad I bought it :)My friend bought hers somewhere in Parnell for around $1000, exactly the same as mine.

seniorbones, Dec 27, 9:35am
love love love mine, bought from cookware essentials use it all the time, just have to watch when beating cream egg whites etc its so fast - and if you turn around and miss it you will end up with over beat cream or whatever your beating. Also have the mincer attachment and love that too.

wron, Dec 27, 10:31am
Is the 750w version a commercial machine! That's more than 2x the power of the usual sold sold here.

mikek, Dec 27, 10:55am
I bought one in San Francisco in August for my wife she loves it.Cost $249 usd on special and the dollar was like 83c so pretty cheap.Cost $50 to bring it back as excess baggage on Air NZ as well as other stuff in extra bag.There is a shop in union square which stocks the European version which means its the same power system so no transformer only a $5 converter plug.So all up about $400 NZ.No gst as well under the limit.Worth doing if your in the states.Really top piece of kit.