KitchenAid Mixers

Page 4 / 5
tinkagirl, Dec 30, 6:02am
Got my Kitchenaid last month for $750 on special from Smith and Co as once a year they have a one day sale for 25% off.Next year I will get the blender and then the food processor.I JUST LOVE MY KITCHEN AID, and will get the attachments from the USA as they are so much cheaper there and as they don't need power it is the best option.

tinkagirl, Dec 30, 6:03am
oh by the way Smith and Co only make about 2% profit when they sell them at $750

cookessentials, Dec 30, 6:07am
I would watch what attachments you buy from the USA and that they will fit your machine.

bill241, Dec 30, 6:10am
At my place of work! Its about 120 people, give or take a few

shop-a-holic, Dec 30, 10:04am
I wouldn't go to say that oil is going to drip on your food; but it is a fact that Europe and then Australia (we just follow along with Aussie rules) have different Health and Safety and also different Food Safety rules in countries other than the US.
As for oil; the machine is self oiling; it has a gearbox; drive shaft and bearings. A car can't go with out oil; and nor can many other machine you buy. :-)

shop-a-holic, Dec 30, 10:08am
There will be a designated, trained and official company to maintain your machine in NZ. The Agent or Distributor in Aust and NZ is Peter McInness. All it takes is a call on their 0800 number and they'll point you to the person/coy in your area.

shop-a-holic, Dec 30, 10:11am
Be careful. Even the Ice Cream bowl and churner blade do not fit the Euro or NZ puchased machines, if you buy them in the US.

gerry64, Dec 30, 10:12am
I am thrilled to bits with mine - old boy bought it for me for xmas bless him- need a spare bowl though -I see you are going to get a glass one cookes- how much should I expcet to pay for one!

shop-a-holic, Dec 30, 10:19am
Harvey Norman are not an official stockist nor repairer of KitchenAid. That is the reason they can only sell second-hand ones; and god knows where they come from.

sharonann1, Dec 30, 5:29pm
cookessentials Do you know if the kitchenaid electric jug is available out here !Many thanks

cookessentials, Dec 30, 9:15pm
Not sure if it is sharonann1.I know the toaster and burr grinder are, the coffee machine no longer as far as I am aware. Tools and gadgets are ( which are fabulous) I shall check my catalogue when I go into work. You can buy a smaller s/s bowl as well as the 4.8 litre one, a copper one ( which I would LOVE for meringue and a heavy duty glass one with a sealing lid ( need to check price on that one) I already have a Krups ice-cream maker, so I wouldnt get the one for the KitchenAid, but definatley the items I mentioned above. I already have a pasta machine with all the attachments so would not get the KitchenAid one of that either, but would have the new pasta press. Watched the demo of that at the Melbourne gift fair last year (2010) and it was fabulous and very quick and easy.

shop-a-holic, Dec 31, 12:05am
May I just also add: many of the attachments and accessories are different for the two different machines.Machines which are sold in NZ; AUST and SGP take the EURO type accessories.
The US purchased machines will not fit the additional tools supplied and sold in NZ.
The reason is: On models available here (they're called euro too); there is a spring loaded on the driver stem and a metal cap suspended. This is for Health, Safety and Food safety regulations which do not apply in the US Market. The cap is to stop any of the gearing oils interferring with food preparation. The US purchased machines do not have this feature.
As a result: the attachments have to be made to acommodate the cap and spring on the machines sold other than the US.

shop-a-holic, Dec 31, 4:23am
Cooks - I have every attachment produced by KitchenAid, except the Copper Bowl, which I believe is just an insert, to line a stainless steel bowl and the new extra long pasta roller, which will do sheet fondant and pastry.
The new pasta press (is that the Ravioli one!) is too difficult to use; you have to manually feed, turn and press it; which does not produce a result anywhere near of using those small wooden handled stamp out ones from Italy.
I'm going to go to bed tonight and leave a note for hubby on his pillow - Copper Bowl would make me a complete woman (LOL)!

cookessentials, Dec 31, 4:43am

shop-a-holic, Dec 31, 4:49am
That Press is perfect for spirals and tube pastas.
And great spag!
The copper bowl is not the one I was thinking of, but you can also get a copper liner for a stainless steel bowl.
Happy New Year, darling!{sends squeezes}

cookessentials, Dec 31, 4:53am
Happy New Year to you too! I would use the press quite alot and I already have a Marcato pasta machine complete with all the attachments,so dont need the pasta machine attachment.

bill241, Dec 31, 5:25am
When I was in the shop sorting mine out I *think* I saw a $250ish price tag on the glass bowls. I remember thinking it was pretty ridiculously expensive.
The newest ones come with the glass bowl and the silicon scraper paddle as the standard accessories

cookessentials, Dec 31, 5:44am
Good girl, you did the right thing. I have sold four since just before Christmas and We had a promotion on them in August at $895 and we sold eight. Every customer is thrilled with their purchase. I have one lady who wanted to replace her old and cumbersome Kenwood. She came in with her son who then convinced her to buy another kenwood and she has regretted it ever since.she keeps coming in and saying " I should have listened to you" she is a great patisserie cook and I still maintain she would have been far better off with the KitchenAid.

cookessentials, Dec 31, 6:24am
The new ones are part of the platinum series which are ones with metallic colours,glass bowl and the scraper paddle.
http://www.kitchenaid.co.nz/our-products/platinum-collection/ksm156-stand-mixer

bill241, Dec 31, 6:47am
I reckon the new colour collection is kinda lame.

gerry64, Dec 31, 7:19am
wish the lady that sold me husband mine had known a bit more about the product - she told him the only difference between the platinum series was I would not have to lift the bowl myself!She told him the one he was buying was top of the line except for the lifter -

cookessentials, Dec 31, 8:00am
That is only the platinum series. I still prefer the artisan series with the twenty colours to choose from.

cookessentials, Dec 31, 8:02am
I have not had the platinum series in store and I probably wouldn't unless someone specifically wanted one. As far as I can se, it has a tilt head, the same as the artisan.

cookessentials, Dec 31, 8:04am
Which model do you have gerry64!

shop-a-holic, Jan 1, 4:49am
That Press is perfect for spirals and tube pastas.
And great spag!
The copper bowl is not the one I was thinking of, but you can also get a copper liner for a stainless steel bowl. I have heaps of bowls, so I may be pressing my luck for another full size one. (giggles)
Happy New Year, darling!{sends squeezes}