Christmas Dinner - anything missing!

ant_sonja, Dec 23, 12:53am
Ok, so we have a massive rolled pork roast from a pig we got last week (filled with cranberry stuffing), a large wild turkey and a ham. Apple sauce I'm making tomorrow, gravy will be made after the roast/s are cooked on Sunday. We have coleslaw, roast vegetable salad, and a couple of different green/mixed salads full of seasonal vegetables and leafy greens as well as vegetable kebabs with prawns. Desserts are Christmas pudding, Trifle, Ambrosia, chocolate covered strawberries and ice cream as well as a fresh fruit platter. My first christmas that I'm not working in 3 years plus the addition of Miss 7 months :-) Have I missed anything! We have a variety of drinks also to suit most tastes.

duce3, Dec 23, 1:05am
yes, ME! LOL

ant_sonja, Dec 23, 1:10am
lol deuce3, thanks, I take that to meanI haven't missed anything! :-) Merry Christmas!

kiwitrish, Dec 23, 1:29am
Sounds yummy.How about some new boiled potatoes.Love Jersey Benne with my Christmas lunch.

ant_sonja, Dec 23, 1:39am
Thanks Kiwitrish, the roast veggie Salad my SIl is bringing has fresh dug potatoes in it as well as kumara and pumpkin. Forgot to say we also have fresh breads to be served. Hmmm, maybe I should make an egg salad, our chooks are laying quite well in the moment :-)

kiwitrish, Dec 23, 1:50am
Can you put me a plate with a bit of everything aside on it for me and I will collect it later.

daleaway, Dec 23, 1:54am
What happened to the fire pit for the ox roast!
Lost your spade!

ant_sonja, Dec 23, 2:08am
haha, no we were having the whole pig on the spit initially but alas, some of the family will be split up over Christmas, so the whole pig got divided up into bits as otherwise it would have been too much to eat at once :-) Next year maybe when the whole tribe can join us!

daleaway, Dec 23, 2:13am
Sounds brilliant, Sonja, hope you and yours have a wonderful time. It's good to make an effort, isn't it!

ant_sonja, Dec 23, 2:29am
I love it, but maybe I'm just mad! Then again the whole family is chipping in and helping so its all good and a joint effort. Gifts are minimal and home made so the focus in on getting together and having a good time. Merry Christmas to you and yours :-)

cutezie, Dec 23, 4:06am
King prawns -Roasted lamb- turkey. HamRoasted spud -kumara- pumpkin
Minted green salad - potato salad.rice salad .Fresh beans from the garden
Home made Christmas pud. Home made Pavlova-. Trifle-fresh fruit saladHave I forgot anything