Movenpick icecream

cloudberry, Dec 22, 1:53am
Is this still available in NZ! I haven't bought (or eaten) icecream for years but I thought a good quality vanilla icecream would be a nice accompaniment to Christmas desserts. So I looked in our local New World and there were other brands, but no Movenpick. Admittedly it is a small town, small supermarket but I am curious to know if it's still around.

hezwez, Dec 22, 2:55am
I didn't see it in Pak N Save today. I was looking for a good quality icecream but there was nothing, not even Kapiti. So disappointed, I wanted to make that choc coated, made in a pudding bowl, lined with panettone creation, but wasn't going to search other supermarkets. Town's crazy.

jcsolgier, Dec 22, 3:04am
I have seen it in pak'n save and new world

richard198, Dec 22, 4:06am
$12 each pot or double that for Kahu Rd.!

cloudberry, Dec 22, 4:18am
Thanks. So it's still around, just not in little country towns. And at $12 a pot maybe that's just as well!

bedazzledjewels, Dec 22, 4:56am
Yes, it's around., The best (and most expensive) vanilla is Kohu Road.

cloudberry, Dec 22, 5:08am
I think I'll probably have to go with Greek yogurt and/or cream if I can't get hold of a good quality icecream in Dannevirke (nearest supermarket.)Don't feel like driving to a bigger town and I'm not up to making my own.

macwood2, Dec 22, 5:19am
hezwez your recipe sounds great and I have pannetone - do you mind posting your recipe