Half tin condensed milk but no plain biscuits

perfectsense, Dec 4, 12:46am
or coconut.What could I make with it!

chatsmom, Dec 4, 12:52am
Choc chippie biscuits use condensed milk.
Do you have some choc base bisc like choc thins! They also make great fudge slices.

perfectsense, Dec 4, 12:54am
No biscuits at all.Need to bake this arvo so I have some school lunch treats.

kinna54, Dec 4, 2:10am
caramel slice !or maybe a lemon cheesecake slice!
Otherwise freeze it for use at a later date, it freezes well.

otterhound, Dec 4, 2:53am
I'd just eat it as is!Problem solved.I LOVE condensed milk=)

cgvl, Dec 4, 3:18am
make a shortcake base for a slice. use the one out of the edmonds book, if you have, for either ginger crunch (leave out ginger) or the marshmallow slice one. Or I have one somewhere that uses weetbix in the base.

molly37, Dec 4, 3:44am
I've just made a caramel slice, but used a whole tin and doubled the topping, as its annoying having half a tin left. You think they would make a half tin! Caramel kisses are nice too. Soft biscuits joined together with caramel.

tipsy_bl0nde, Dec 4, 8:00am
the caramel crumble recipe on here only requires half a can i just made it today so awesome ! bake it all the time now.

Caramel Crumble This slice is very like Tan Slice but just stirred together with no creaming of the butter & sugar. As its name suggests its topping is more crumbly but personally I like it better - to make and to eat!
Caramel Topping: 1/2 x 395g can sweetened condensed milk, 2 tbsp golden syrup, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 57g (2oz) butter. Mix all the topping ingredients together in a bowl over hot water for 5 minutes, then allow the mixture to cool slightly. Base: 1&1/2 cups flour. 1 tsp baking powder, 114g (1/2 cup) sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla essence, 114g (4oz) melted butter. Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl, then add the vanilla essence & the melted butter & mix to a fairly soft crumbly consistency. Press approximately two thirds-three quarters of this crumbly mixture into a greased sponge roll tin, then spread the caramel topping over. Sprinkle over the remaining crumble mixture. Bake at 180ºC for 20-30 minutes. Allow to cool then cut into fingers or squares.

Quote245sam (17 )