Vile recipes I have found

Page 2 / 2
buzzy110, Dec 2, 1:55am
The ones already posted were acceptable once and are just not to the posters taste. I think that there is a poster in here who would consider any recipe with peas in it to be pretty vile because it is not to her taste. It is all relative.

kassie48, Dec 2, 3:00am
And I wonder who!

brooksy1, Dec 2, 6:33am
How is it that a thread in recipes can turn into a b**tch at others.I started this thread as a light hearted way of adding some recipes that are not to MOST peoples taste in this day and age.I feel rather sad that this can happen with what I considered a "fun" thread.

dezzie, Dec 2, 6:42am
lol this reminded me of a joke.
An australian woman living in london decided to make her husbands favourite soup, which was boiled up using a sheeps head, she went to the butcher and asked for a sheeps head, as the butcher was serving her she asked, "So where do you get your sheeps heads from!" the butcher replied that they were best NZ sheeps heads, the aussie lady got quite upset at this and demanded an australian sheeps head.
The butcher yelled out to his man in the back."Hey Jack, knock the brains out of that sheeps head and add an extra tongue will ya"

brooksy1, Dec 2, 6:46am
Thanks for that, made me laugh :-)

brooksy1, Dec 2, 6:58am
Creamed Sweetbreads
1 lb sweetbreads
little lemon juice
2 tablespoons cream
3/4 gill white stock or white stock and milk
1oz flour
1 tab milk
1. Soak the sweetbreads in milk for 1 hour
2. Put into a saucepan and cover with more cold water.
3. Bring the water to the boil and throw it away.
4. This process is know as 'blanching' the sweetbreads and whitens it.
5. Return the sweetbread to the saucepan with the liquid, lemon juice and seasoning.
6. Simmer gently for about 15-20 minutes.
7. Remove sweetbread and take off any skin.
8. Blend the flour with 1 tablespoon of cold milk, add to stock, then bring to the boil and cook until thickened.
9. Lastly stir in the cream.

uli, Dec 2, 8:32am
Who is bitching!
I just said that I don't think anything in here is "vile" and that I would happily eat what you consider to be "vile".
And what has a "vile food thread" to do with light heartedness! Beats me.

pickles7, Dec 2, 7:25pm
Is someone trying to wind up there own thread!.

lcl2, Dec 2, 7:36pm
OMG I want to puke NOW***runs to toilet****

lcl2, Dec 2, 7:42pm
Oh I LOVE lollie cake - haven't had it for a while though

brooksy1, Dec 3, 1:53am
To Make Swallow Water
Take forty or fifty swallows when ready to fly, bruise them all in a mortar to pop, feathers and all, add to them 2ozs of castorium powder, put it into a rose still with three pints of the best white wine vinegar.Make your fire not to hot.There will be but 1 pint of the best.You may give a spoonful, two or three with sugar.The virtues:- It is very good for falling sickness, for sudden swooning, fits of the dead palsey, lethargy, or any distemper proceeding from the head.It comforteth the brain, is good for those that are distracted, and in greatest extremitiesof sickness one of the best things to be administered.This is signed by Lady Newton.

brooksy1, Dec 3, 1:58am
This was actually in a recently published recipe book, I'm sure it must be a piss take but maybe there is someone out there who'd like to give it a try and let us know how delicious it is.
Garden Snail Smoothie
1 doz live garden snails
1/2 cup dry red wine
Some fresh herbs
Salt and pepper to taste
Place all ingredients into a food blender and blend until all crunching sounds cease.Pour smoothie into glasses and garnish with a sprig of your favourite herb. (Rocket is mine)

brooksy1, Dec 3, 2:40am
Thanks for that elliehen, some wonderful memories of some pretty awful food.We hated Instant Pudding, have no idea why, when Mum would serve it up we'd complain "Not again" and yet we hardly ever had it!My Mum hated having to eat rabbit as a child because the butcher would have them complete, fur and all.She said he'd cradle the rabbit and stroke it, she always thought it was like eating a baby!Also interesting to see the spiteful comments by a certain someone, I can see how people can be put off posting :-(

otterhound, Dec 3, 6:43am
OK - you win!

elliehen, Dec 3, 7:37am
otterhound, sorry, more birds.

"For centuries, a rite of passage for French gourmets has been the eating of the Ortolan (now banned, but still practised in secret, according to Anthony Bourdain). These tiny birds—captured alive, force-fed, then drowned in Armagnac—were roasted whole and eaten that way, bones and all, while the diner draped his head with a linen napkin to preserve the precious aromas and, some believe, to hide from God.

You catch the ortolan with a net spread up in the forest canopy. Take it alive. Take it home. Poke out its eyes and put it in a small cage. Force-feed it oats and millet and figs until it has swollen to four times its normal size. Drown it in brandy. Roast it whole, in an oven at high heat, for six to eight minutes. Bring it to the table. Place a cloth—a napkin will do—over your head to hide your cruelty from the sight of God. Put the whole bird into your mouth, with only the beak protruding from your lips. Bite. Put the beak on your plate and begin chewing, gently. You will taste three things: First, the sweetness of the flesh and fat. This is God. Then, the bitterness of the guts will begin to overwhelm you. This is the suffering of Jesus. Finally, as your teeth break the small, delicate bones and they begin to lacerate your gums, you will taste the salt of your own blood, mingling with the richness of the fat and the bitterness of the organs. This is the Holy Spirit, the mystery of the Trinity—three united as one. It is cruel. And beautiful."

brooksy1, Dec 3, 7:40am
elliehen that is disgusting, MUCH worse than Swallow Water, IMHO

otterhound, Dec 3, 7:38pm
What she said!

uli, Dec 3, 9:30pm
Maori used to eat fantails - bones and all .