Open house and christmas lunch!

tipsy_bl0nde, Nov 24, 7:12am
Hiya im hosting the christmas lunch this year and have a lot of family coming and going throughout the day. I was thinking i would put lunch on around 12-1pm and if people turn up later in the day i was hoping i could come up with a decent menu that will keep good during the day or easy to pull out.
What would you recommend!
I am doing a baked ham and possibly a lamb leg also. TIA

bumblebee13, Nov 24, 7:15am
lots of salads and fresh bread and cold meats

margyr, Nov 24, 7:18am
have some nice bread rolls, salads in the fridge, and as they turn up just let them make themselves a snack, also christmas cake etc on the table and just keep the table topped up.

margyr, Nov 24, 7:26am
our Christmas Eve is going to be a bit like this usually I have people over anytime after 4pm it is an unknown amount as it is open house and I have always done a meal, however with it being a Saturday this year I have said I am not doing a meal and just having heaps of nibbly things and desserts. I am thinking of hiring a pie warmer so then sausage rolls, savouries etc can also be ready, I have owned cafe's so am also going to make up wraps, club sandwiches savoury eggs etc. The desserts are going to be an assortment but have a bottle of baileys that was given to me last Christmas and I am going to make cheesecakes, tiramasu, sweet cheese ball with it.

tipsy_bl0nde, Nov 25, 3:55am
thanks for the helpful tips i am still open to anymore suggestions if there are any out there :)