Measuring cup - stainless steel or plastic!

Page 1 / 2
supercook, Oct 31, 6:04am
I need new measuring cups what do you prefer stainless steel, plastic or china! Who has the best range!

amanda_simonp, Oct 31, 6:23am
tupperware ones, tried many and these are the best

lodgelocum, Oct 31, 6:37am
Either stainless steel or plastic, have used both but no preference.China!

cookessentials, Oct 31, 6:40am
Yes, you can get china ones. I have melamine ones which suit me fine for the amount of times I use them. SOme people prefer stainless steel, although, be aware that you will pay alot more for stainless steel. I also have pyrex measuring jugs in various sizes which I find useful.

erynne, Oct 31, 6:46am
go with tupperware for sure! they have a 2/3 cup and a 3/4 cup. most sets don't. love them!

cookessentials, Oct 31, 6:48am
I have 2/3 and 3/4 on mine! Tupperware are expensive.

gardie, Oct 31, 7:14am
I have 2 sets of Tupperware ones - wouldn't be without them.

elliehen, Oct 31, 7:22am
I've got measuring cups permanently in containers of flour, oats etc.It helps to have more than one set.

supercook, Oct 31, 7:35am
Anyone know the price of tupperware ones! Love the idea of 2/3 and 3/4 sizes!

skippie1, Oct 31, 7:49am
just googled it, $24.90 per set of 6 cups

taurus2005, Oct 31, 8:48am
K Mart have lovely strong melamine ones, lovely colours - very cheap, I think only about $2.00 per set.

supercook, Oct 31, 9:18am
Cool might get a set as spare I bought some tupperware ones from here tonight in a nice dark blue.

player_smurf, Oct 31, 6:31pm
Have Tupperware ones here too.love them, not expensive at all.

valentino, Oct 31, 7:57pm
I find the Pyrex ones are excellent for all round use including use in microwave.
Have 4 different sizes; 1 cup with all the main measures, 2 cup with the slightly larger measures and so on with the 4 and 8 cup.

The 4 and 8 cup ones are great also as an alternative toa small mixing bowl and all are oven and microwave proof.

Wondering if there are any pyrex type measuring spoons though, be great if they have the similar measure markings.

Cheers.

red45, Oct 31, 11:05pm
Go for ones that don't have stick on paper labels on them

spot20, Nov 1, 2:04am
Yep my good old tupperware ones.had them for yonks! Every now and then over the years one would disappear, always turned up somewhere along the line.compost bit, some random container etc

sarahb5, Nov 1, 2:07am
My daughter's got my Tupperware ones now because she bought me the Russian doll ones which also have 2/3 and 3/4 cup measures on them.I love them!

supercook, Nov 1, 3:10am
SOOOOOOOOOOO Cute! Didn't realise they had 2/3 and 3/4 cups too. Do they go in the dishwasher!

kinna54, Nov 1, 7:18am
I have tupperware, had them for years, and yes mine go in the dishwasher. If buying fromkmart, check out they are NZ measures not Australian, there is a difference.

firemansgirl, Nov 1, 8:10am
I bought stainless ones from Foodtown for $14.95 in 2005. They are great and don't stain or harbour smells. Come in 1/4, 1/3, 1/2 & 1 cup measures. Not fussed about not having 2/3 or 3/4 cups as I know how to add!

supercook, Nov 1, 8:58am
2/3 and 3/4 cups are very handy if you do alot of baking like me.

sarahb5, Nov 1, 9:07am
You can but I wouldn't recommend it since mine are now not quite as white as they should be - have kind of a yellow tinge but they're still cute!

sarahb5, Nov 1, 9:08am
Is there!I thought cup measurements were standard but Australian tablespoon is 20ml instead of 15ml - I use mine for Australian and New Zealand recipes without a problem

erynne, Nov 2, 7:48am
supercook wrote:
2/3 and 3/4 cups are very handy if you do alot of baking like me.[/quote

absolutely. :)

hooksie60, Nov 2, 7:49am
I got some recently from dogs breakfast they fold flat silicon ones they are really neat.