Golden syrup dumplings recipe!

vixen09, Oct 9, 10:56pm
I read this in a thread on here last night and they sound so good i have to make them for dessert tonight does anyone have an easy recipe for me!

thanks in advance

vixen09, Oct 9, 10:56pm
Ive googled it and theres so many different recipes so am hoping for one someone has tried. all the recipes online need lemon which i dont have so hoping dont really need.

elliehen, Oct 10, 1:24am
I haven't made these but theanimal1, who was a caterer, posted this so I'm sure she would have tried it.It looks like the old Edmonds original.

Quote theanimal1 (78 )9:15 pm, Wed 15 Dec
Golden Syrup Dumplings

Serves 4-5

Ingredients

SAUCE
11/2 cups water
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 tablespoons golden syrup
20g butter

DUMPLINGS
40g butter
1 cup self-raising flour
1/3 cup milk

Method

1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place all the sauce ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. Make the dumplings. In a bowl rub the butter into the flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Gently add the milk and mix until combined, but do not overwork.
3. Divide the dough into dumpling-sized pieces.
4. Place the dumplings into a casserole dish or cake tin. Pour the boiling sauce over the dumplings.
5. Cook in the top half of the oven for 20 minutes.
6. Serve the dumplings immediately with sauce from the casserole dish poured over.

Note: The dumplings can be steamed if the sauce is prepared in a large saucepan. Drop the dumplings into the boiling sauce, cover with the lid and cook for 10-15 minutes.

vixen09, Oct 10, 1:33am
cool thanks ive decided to go for a pav for tonight will make this on weekend though