Plastic steam pudding bowls with lids - where to

bilou2, Oct 5, 7:58pm
find them.I am looking for some of the plastic steam or christmas pudding bowls with a lid, microwaveable so I can make some stuff for a school fund raising.Have tried EVERYWHERE, even the Plastics institute, all the wholesalers and can't source them anywhere in NZ.Would need about 10 or 20 so not great numbers.Thought someone may be able to help.

struckmestar, Oct 5, 11:39pm
I am not sure where you could find this, have you thought of using metal ones - some for sale on Trademe.

cookessentials, Oct 6, 12:07am
No good for a microwave.

kinna54, Oct 6, 2:57am
Oh god, my sister had heaps of the ernest adams bowls that xmas puds come in, but no lids! They would be the ideal thing, if anyone has any of those around.
Packaging House, toops, Moore Wilson's!

samsara11, Oct 6, 8:30pm
Briscoes

waswoods, Oct 7, 6:21am
Lots of meals from Noodle Canteen!

leonie11, Oct 7, 7:45am
ask earnest adams where they get theirs

marcs, Oct 7, 8:00am
I live in Auz and found a company in NSW that manufacture them. I am making some puddings for my baking business so they are shipping it out to WA for me. Not sure where to get them in NZ.

nfh1, Oct 7, 8:09am
I was looking in Stevens yesterday and they had some lids for dishes etc which were flexible - not sure if these would be any good.

music_note, Oct 7, 10:10am
Could you place baking paper over the bowl once filled, then tie it securely in place with string - can be used in microwave or pot of boiling water.

struckmestar, Oct 7, 10:21am
I really wanted them to be nicely presented with lid etc. and just wrap the whole thing in cellophane.Maybe marcs could give an indication as to the manufacturer in aus!Many thanks everyone, I will do some more checking tomorrow perhaps.

marcs, Oct 7, 11:46am
x1
www.roblan.com.au under products then bowls.

gardie, Oct 7, 5:38pm
The descriptions of these products makes it sound like they supply all of the brought pudding manufacturers!If you are doing it as a fundraiser for a school, maybe they would like to support you - it is worth asking.