Gopala Yoghurt - absolutely devine!

lisanorthshore, Sep 10, 7:27am
x1
Have just recently been buying gopala natural yoghurt - initially for a dip but it is the yummiest yoghurt ive ever tasted and im not a yoghurt lover - great with fruit salad and also in meals and as a dip - the best thing is its under $3 for a large pottle!

cookessentials, Sep 10, 7:32am
How much in the pottle lisanorthshore!

lisanorthshore, Sep 10, 7:33am
I think its around 500 gm - its certainly a large pot

uli, Sep 10, 9:32am

toadfish, Sep 10, 6:11pm
If you have a pottle handy can you please let me know the KJ and Fat per 100gms.the place Uli quoted is just around the corner from work so would love to try it if it suits how I like to eat.

When I was in Nepal our taxi driver popped into a shop/house and brought out a terracotta Bowl.about 2 inches deep and about lunch plate size. full of pale creamy natural yoghurt (uncovered). I have always regretted not trying it. but I was so conscious of what I ate. plus the place it came out of. and the dust of the road. Ijust couldn't do it.

kamitchell, Sep 10, 9:58pm
I love this yoghurt too!So great that the ingredients are only milk & culture, no added crap.

It's a 750gram tub; and in the full cream the KJ is 286, Fat total 4grams, saturated 2.8grams

uli, Sep 11, 12:34am
The terracotta bowl would have been unglazed on the inside and the people would keep using it by adding milk and taking yoghurt out. The bacteria would sit in the pores of the unglazed terracotta. Very common practice with lots of cultures around the world who still live "normal" lives.

westigal, Sep 11, 2:20am
Just the best yoghurt, we strain it overnight so it thickens and stirin a little vanilla, or some honey to sweeten it ,divine with apple pie.
Has been my "best buy" this year, Pak N Save in Aldermann Drive, Henderson has it too, and also the Lincoln Road Shop

toadfish, Sep 11, 6:11pm
If you have a pottle handy can you please let me know the KJ and Fat per 100gms.the place Uli quoted is just around the corner from work so would love to try it if it suits how I like to eat.

When I was in Nepal our taxi driver popped into a shop/house and brought out a terracotta Bowl.about 2 inches deep and about lunch plate size. full of pale creamy natural yoghurt (uncovered). I have always regretted not trying it. but I was so conscious of what I ate. plus the place it came out of. and the dust of the road. Ijust couldn't do it.

kamitchell, Sep 11, 9:58pm
I love this yoghurt too!So great that the ingredients are only milk & culture, no added crap.

It's a 750gram tub; and in the full cream the KJ is 286, Fat total 4grams, saturated 2.8grams