Alison Holst Recipe - Tomato Pasta Salad

nails6, Sep 7, 1:46am
Hi can anyone provide me with the Alison Holst recipe that is printed on an old Watties pamphlet! The recipe has a tin of chopped tomatoes, celery salt, sugar, oregano, wine vinegar, spring onions and chopped parsley.This is then added to cooked pasta.As far as I am aware it is not in her recipe books, I have three of them.If someone could help me out that would be great as I need to head off and start making it in about an hours time.

nfh1, Sep 7, 2:25am
Does it have Tuna in it!If so could this be it -

http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe/Tuna-and-Pasta-Summer-Salad-L3939.htm

245sam, Sep 7, 2:39am
x1
Sorry nails6, I've only just read your posting. Is this the recipe you're wanting!It's from Alison Holst’s “Family Favourites”.

TOMATO AND PASTA SALAD
Serve this mixture warm or cold, with barbecued meat or picnic food. The hot pasta soaks up the delicious, easy dressing.

250g pasta spirals or macaroni
1 tsp each ofsugar,celery salt,cuminandoreganum
1 x 440g can diced tomatoes
2 spring onions, chopped
¼ cup oil
1 tbsp wine vinegar

Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, lightly salted water for 10 minutes or until tender.
Meanwhile, in a serving bowl place all the remaining ingredients.Tip the hot, drained pasta into the tomato mixture and mix gently, but thoroughly.Serve warm or cold.
Serves 4.

I haven't actually used that particular recipe but for many years I have been making this one of Alison's and it has always being popular.

TOMATO AND GARLIC PASTA SALAD
“Choose pasta which has a yellowish colour when raw.This pasta is made from a special ‘hard’ wheat flour and keeps its shape when cooked.As you eat it, you’ll notice it feels quite ‘bouncy’ in your mouth.”

Dressing:
1 cup (250g) bottled or canned Garlic Pasta sauce
¼-½ cup olive oil
1 tbsp wine vinegar
1 tsp each ofsugarandground cumin
½ tsp each ofsaltandcrumbled dried oregano

Mix all the ingredients in a food processor, or shake together in a screw-topped jar.

250g tortellini, spirals or other pasta shapes
2 spring onions, white and green parts thinly sliced
any or all of the following:-
2 tbsp finely chopped parsley;1 stalk celery, thinly sliced;¼-½ unpeeled, thin-skinned cucumber, cubed;drained whole kernel corn

Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling, lightly salted water, with a tablespoon of added oil, then drain it thoroughly. Take care not to under-cook or over-cook the pasta.
Stir about three-quarters of the dressing gently into the hot, drained pasta and leave to stand for at least 15 minutes (“I find it convenient to put the pasta and dressing in an unpunctured oven bag to mix and store it.” – A. Holst)
Refrigerate the salad until required for serving, then just before serving stir in the spring onions and any of the optional extra parsley and vegetables.Add a little of the remaining dressing if the salad needs it.
Serves 4.

Hope that helps.:-))