how do i make it .thanks

otterhound, Sep 3, 9:44am
2 tsp dry mustard powder
1 Tblsp sugar
1 tsp cornflour
1/2 cup water
1 beaten egg
1/4 cup vinegar
In small saucepan blend mustard, sugar and cornflour with water.Add beaten egg and stir well.Add vinegar and bring to the boil, stirring all the time. Cook 1 - 2 minutes.=)

mjwright, Sep 3, 9:51am
Hi I start mine as for a roux, melt 1 tblsp of butter, add 1 tbslp of flour and stir until smooth, slowly add liquid. And stir constantly to avoid lumps, I use wholegrain mustard, and would add about a tablespoon, but keep tasting it as more may be needed, season with salt and pepper, and I always put a little sugar in there, again do that to your taste. Bring to the boil cook for a few minutes to cook the flour. Now if I was making this for corned beef I would use some of the cooking liquor for the liquid, if not use a good stock or warmed milk.

mjwright, Sep 3, 9:52am
Can add a little malt vinegar if you like a tang

evebee, Sep 4, 2:06am
I always make the one in the Edmonds cook book and it is lovely.

camper18, Sep 4, 10:34pm
Always use the Edmonds one but "mjwright's" one reminded me of my nursing days as thats the way the cooks made it way back then. (and I love it either way).

herself, Sep 4, 11:49pm
Used the Edmonds mustard sauce recipe last night with our corned beef- it was very good!

korbo, Sep 4, 11:58pm
I used to make it out of the juice the corned beef was cooked in, but the past few times, the water is yukky.(mustbe from the beef).
saw a packet one by the meat section.global or mccormicks.
wouldnt go past them now. so easy and so tasty.

cookessentials, Sep 5, 12:04am
I use the Edmonds recipe,however, I dont use water, I use the liquor that the meat is cooked in. When cooking the meat, I do it in the crockpot and add malt vinegar, brown sugar, whole cloves and 2-3 bay leaves.

herself, Sep 5, 12:07am
I do the same cookessentials and it gives the sauce a great flavour!