Jo Seagar's Persian Chicken

ang2278, Sep 2, 2:33am
Hi,

Does anyone have Jo Seagar's Persian Chicken recipe please! Had it ages ago but can't find it anywhere.

Thanks

jfreak, Sep 2, 2:40am
I prefer my chicken without fur.

245sam, Sep 2, 3:53am
ang2278, right now I'm about to do the prep for our evening meal but I know that recipe is in one of Jo's books, so I'll post it for you asap.:-))

245sam, Sep 2, 6:57am
Here you are ang2278.

PERSIAN CHICKEN
Jo’s note:This is a recipe I use a lot when I'm entertaining.I do hot and cold versions and use it as a base for other variations such as chicken wrapped in phyllo pastry with apricots and served with this sauce.

2 large onions
1 cup each ofwaterandred wine
2 tsp chicken stock powder
1 tbsp curry powder
3 tbsp tomato puree
1 Kg cooked chicken meat
250g small button mushrooms
3 spring onions, finely sliced
1 cup grapes, green or black
1 x 400g can apricots, drained and sliced
½ cup coarsely chopped parsley
½ cup prepared mayonnaise
1 cup cream, lightly whipped

Roughly chop the onions and place in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan or casserole.Add the water, wine, chicken stock powder, curry powder and tomato puree.Simmer for 30 minutes until liquid has reduced and mixture has a chutney-like appearance.Stir frequently during cooking time.Add diced chicken meat, washed whole mushrooms, spring onions, grapes and apricots. Cook for about 5 minutes to warm chicken through, then fold in parsley, mayonnaise and cream.
Serve immediately.
This is great with rice or noodles and a crisp salad, but is also very good cold, as a spicy chicken salad.
Variation:Try replacing the apricots with fresh feijoas or nectarine slices and using melon instead of grapes for a creamy chicken salad.
Serves 6-8.:-))

ang2278, Sep 5, 1:23am
Thats great thanks very much :)