Jo seagar

hindsfeet, Nov 11, 7:12am
I remember cooking one of jo seagars dessert recipe years ago. I can't remember what it was called but I think it was Cameo something. made from cameo biscuits, chocolate amd cream, not sure what else but it was very yummy and I would like to make it this weekend. Would anyone have the recipe please

noonesgirl, Nov 11, 7:27am
Check out her website - www.joseagar.co.nz

hindsfeet, Nov 11, 7:39am
just found the name Caneo Creme Cake. Not on her website. but soooooooo good

hindsfeet, Nov 11, 7:42am
yay just found it............
!

CHOCOLATE CAMEO MOUSSE CAKE

375 grams packet chocolate dark melts
2 cups cream
2 packets of cameo cream biscuits
(extra whipped cream and shaved chocolate to garnish)

To make CHOCOLATE CAMEO MOUSSE CAKE
• Grease and line the base of a 20cm springform cake tin with paper.
• In a double boiler saucepan or easier still the microwave, heat the chocolate and 1 cup of cream together until chocolate has melted
• Stir until smooth and cool 5 minutes.
• Place one packet of cameo creams in the food processor and run machine to finely crumb them.
• Add 2 tablespoons of the chocolate cream to moisten the crumbs further - press into the base of the springform cake tin.
• Whip the 2nd cup of cream until soft peaks form.
• Gently fold cream and chocolate mixtures together.
• Pour approximately 1 cup of this over the biscuit crumb base.
• Break up or roughly chop the remainder of the biscuits and sprinkle over a layer. Repeat with the chocolate cream then biscuit layer twice finishing with a chocolate cream layer.
• Cover with plastic cling film and refrigerate at lease 12 hours (overnight). (Cake may be frozen at this stage, allow 4 hours to soften).

To serve: run a thin hot knife blade around the edge of cake and remove, slide tin carefully, lift off base and paper and position on a serving plate.
Top each portion with a dollop of whipped cream and shaved chocolate.

So morish!!

greerg, Jul 30, 10:42am
And it's so rich that small slices are plenty even for big appetites so it serves a lot of people.Haven't made it for years but it was a good one.