Jo seagar recipes from her book

tands09, Aug 29, 9:30am
I have an awesome jo seagar book but moved house a few weeks ago and for the life of me I just cannot find it. Does any one have her recipies for the following: pasta bake (not sure what its called) but it has a yummy meat sauce and you cook it on the stove and pour white sauce on it and pop it in the oven. The 2nd one I'm looking for is a choc slice. In the book the picture had 3 slices tied with rope of some sort. It has: nuts, saltanas, wine bikies as some of the ingredients and you put suga and 2 other things in the microwave for 30 second bursts. The 3rd one is the pizza muffins - 3 or 4 rashers of baccon, 1 cup pinapple, and flour etc. My son loves these muffins, I miss the choc fix (omg the slice is yummy lol) and the whole family actally eats the pasta bake :)

sooseque, Aug 29, 10:34am
Searched my Jo Seagar books and found them in the Lip Smacking' Fast Cookin' Hunger Bustin' Gr8 Tastin' Cookbook
Chocolate Fudgecake Slice
1 pkt digestive or wine biscuits
125gm butter
1/2 cup Sugar
1 egg beaton lightly with a fork
2 TBLSP cocoa
2 tsp mixed spice
1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, peanuts etc)
1 cup sultanas
1 tsp vanilla ess
Line 20 x 20cm tin with baking paper. Crush biscuits in a food processor or crush with rolling pin.Melt butter in large microwave bowl on high 30 - 45 sec. stir in sugar and egg, microwave 30 sec, then continue to cook in bursts of 30 sec, stirring in between until mixture starts to boil. Stir in cocoa, mixed spice, nuts, sultanas, vanilla and biscuit crumbs, press into prepared tin and chill.Ice with Chocolate icing, when set cut into bars or squares.

sooseque, Aug 29, 10:38am
x1
Hawaiian Pizza Muffins
2 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1.5 cups grated cheese
1 cup crushed pineapple in juice, drained
1/2 tsp salt
4 rashers lean rindless bacon chopped
2 TBLSP chopped parsley
1/4 cup oil
1 egg
11/4 cups low-fat milk
Preheat oven 180.Place all ingredients in large bowl and gently mix together until just combined, don't overmix.Spoon into sprayed muffin tins and bake for 25 - 30 min until puffed up and golden brown.Cool for 5 min in the tins then tip out to cool completely on a cake rack.

cgvl, Aug 29, 10:40am
she also has a website and most of her recipes were/are on there. Not sure if they still are as its been awhile since I last used it

sooseque, Aug 29, 10:50am
Hearty pasta Bake
Meat sauce
2 TBLSP oil
2 medium onions peeled and chopped
500gms minced beef or lamb
2 cups spicy pasta sauce from jar or can
3 TBLSP chopped parsley
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Pasta
500 gm dried penne or rigatoni pasta
4 cups frozen mixed vegetables

Cheese Sauce
100 gm butter or marg
1/4 cup flour
3 cups low fat milk
1 cup grated tasty cheese
3 egg yolks
Preheat oven 180, spray deep sided (10cm deep) 30 cm x 25cm baking dish or small lasagne dish with non-stick baking spray.
Make the meat sauce, heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, add onions and cook 3 - 4 min, add mince cook 5 min breaking up any lumps.Stir through the pasta sauce and parsley, season with s & p.Let meat sauce simmer while you cook the pasta.
Cook pasta in plenty of gently boiling, well salted water until just tender about 10 min.Add frozen vege's and cook a further 2 min.Drain in large sieve or colander, return to the pot and stir throught the meat sauce.
Make the cheese sauce, melt butter in large saucepan, add flour and stir with a wire whisk for 1 min, whisk in milk, then cheese and egg yolks.Stir til sauce thickens and is smooth.
Pour the meat and vege pasta into prepared dish, pour over cheese sauce and bake for about 30 min until top is golden brown.
Servie with a crispy green salad and crusty bread rolls.

FYI, I have made this dish and added a note that says - add more herbs and use a bit less pasta, needs a huge dish !

tands09, Aug 29, 6:10pm
Sooseque Thank you so so much! And thanks heaps for the title too :) Baking is my sanity since the quake and every thing turns out great in her book lol Now i can buy it again hehe. Cgvl I tried looking for it on her website but couldn't find it. Guess what I'm doing today hehe

cgvl, Aug 29, 9:50pm
good for you. I love baking and cooking but unfortunately it goes straight to the hips. DH thinks his xmas' have all coome at once when I do bake.
Always love trying new recipes.
You have a great day.

marcs, Aug 30, 1:18am
I love her recipes and they never fail. A bit heavy on the fat and sugar though.