Deep fried snacky things

praetor_01, Aug 28, 10:41am
When I was a kid in the 70's, we used to be able to buy these things that you'd deep fry them and they'd puff up - I remember them being circular but my mum reckons a lot were just half circles. We'd eat them instead of chips. Anyone remember what they were called!

lx4000, Aug 28, 10:55am
taties! oooo I remember those!

kiwi78, Aug 28, 11:31pm
they where yum:)

maryteatowel1, Aug 28, 11:32pm
.bin inn has them.

ha2, Aug 29, 3:21am
they where in a light purple plastic bag. I think they are based in te Atatu Bring them back. i used to sprinkle a bit of salt on them too. They where circuler as I remember putting one on each of me fingers and eating them one by one.
I miss Discos they where my favouite as well

loren8, Aug 29, 4:16am
yep taties.we loved em :)

patsy3, Aug 29, 6:02am
We burnt down mums kitchen with these. Ooops. But yes Bin Inn has them, yum. covered in salt.

katalin2, Aug 29, 6:12am
Were they prawn crackers! I remember them too- they were such a novelty. Had a Vietnamese meal last week and they had them as decoration around some of the meals.

ha2, Aug 29, 7:38am
no they werent pawn crackers they were like circular uncooked pasta that you deepfryed and they puffed up like a cheezel but without the flavouring and you just added salt.Prawn crackers Yum Our noodle shop in Auckland sells them by the bag very nice.

praetor_01, Aug 29, 12:25pm
Nice one, thanks people. Might have to find a Binn Inn.