Celebrity Chef cookbooks are soo expensive

nzrose7, Aug 25, 8:15pm
Why are the Cookbooks by Chefs that have their own tv shows so expensive.The recipes are on their websites at the same time as the books are out, in a lot of cases.And the price never changes with the changing exchange rate dollar value.

nfh1, Aug 25, 9:18pm
Try Book Depository or Amazon, much much cheaper there, especially with the Kiwi so strong.

davidt4, Aug 25, 9:37pm
Book Depository is fantastic.Postage is free and the books take about 5 days to arrive.The prices are roughly 2/3 of prices in NZ.

voyager4, Sep 2, 1:11am
Nigella Lawson Bites cookbook [new]$12 US free international delivery from Betterworld books.

dilligaf_dah, Sep 2, 10:34am
I buy mine in theop shops It does not take long for people to put them out.

kuaka, Sep 2, 10:43am
Hubby managed to get $20 discount on the book he bought me last week.He went to the local bookshop/stationer and they didn't have it, but said they could get it and quoted the discounted price.Unfortunately they couldn't get it in time for my birthday.As he was leaving the shop one of the customers beckoned him over and whispered that she'd seen the book the previous day in a nearby town, so he came home, phoned up to make sure it was available and told them that the local shop had quoted him $20 cheaper, so the second shop said they would match it.I guess if you're cheeky enough to ask for a discount, the worst that can happen is your request is declined.

bedazzledjewels, Sep 2, 7:51pm
Borrow them from your local library. Much cheaper. You might just have to wait for a while. Currently I've got Judith Tabron's new cookbook - Soul Cookbook - out from the library.

lythande1, Sep 2, 10:51pm
Because they're celebritys. Yeah, copy off the net, or by used books. Cookbooks go out of fashion so fast.

pickles7, Sep 2, 11:26pm
yep, they are a lot of rubbish. The net, gives you everything. The combinations can be anything you think up, some very nice combinations are developed, in your own kitchen.
4 ingredients book
Very nice crisp recipe's, anyone should master.
Very good on, Kim and Rachael.

priscilla2, Sep 4, 6:10am
Jamie Oliver's 30 minute meals is only $35 at the warehouse at the moment.I bought it today.I had a quick look through it and it looks really good.

barbra1, Sep 5, 11:54am
keep an eye out, i got a great book at about 60 % less,

whitehead., Sep 6, 3:24am
keep an eye out in op shops they turn up there quite soon after the tv show goes off ive never been more that 6 months behind