Sunbeam Mixmaster Compact Pro

sarahb5, Aug 24, 11:04pm
Does anyone have one of these!Is it this model that you can use as a standalone mixer or a handmixer!IRD has been very kind to me .

jodyw1, Aug 24, 11:19pm
I do an I think it's crap!I find it doesn't mix properly, the beaters don't seem to touch the bottom of the metal bowl an you have to keep scraping the bowl to get it all mixed (a real pain if you are creaming butter an sugar etc) luckily mum brought a new kenwood an gave me her old one, even thou it's 25+ years old it's a million times better!

sarahb5, Aug 24, 11:55pm
Oh bugger - its the only one I can find that can be a handmixer as well as standalone

babytears, Aug 25, 5:54am
Yes I have one. I wouldn't give it a glowing feedback either. it's so so. does the trick, but as jodyw1 says, the beaters (when the mixer is sitting in the cradle) don't touch the base of the bowl, so you have to get the scraper in to get the stuff off the bottom.

sarahb5, Aug 25, 6:32am
Well I bought one anyway because its the only one that can be a hand mixer and a standalone - and I always scrape down anyway so don't think it'll be much of a problem.The beaters are pretty close to the base of the bowl when they're not on and you seem to be able to push them closer to the bottom by leaning on the mixer part - oh well, fingers crossed .

seaslug, Aug 26, 12:20am
Yeah I have one. and use it all the time.Love the fact its a stand alone and hand held.Its not too much of a hardship to have to scrape the bottom of the bowl as you do the sides anyway!Got mine for $80 on special from Harvey Norman a few weeks ago. very happy with it.