Fastest recipes to make

Page 1 / 2
bev00, Aug 12, 12:33pm
darlingmole wrote:
Mocha Chocolate Crunch
(Takes 5 mins to cook plus may be 3 mins to prep)

150 g butter
1 C flour
1 C coconut
1/2 C brown sugar
2 T cocoa
1 t instant coffee powder (if you want - hence the mocha)
1/2 t baking poser
1 C rolloed oats
2 T golden syrup

Melt butter]

Then add all the other ingredients
Mix well then cook on HIGH for 1 min. Stir, then repeat twice. Press in a flat bottomed container (greased) then cook on HIGH again for further 2 mins. Cover with a paper towel and cool for 10 mins then slice into bars or pieces.

Ice when cool. Keep refridgerated.

Quoteruby19 (21 )5:55 pm, Thu 11 Aug #9
This is from the Chelsea sugar site and is the unbaked slice that I use most.You can easily leave out the apricots and make an icing with just a Tbs or so of butter/marge instead of the 100g specified in this recipe.I never include the coconut either.

Apricot Fudge Slice

125g butter
1/2 cup Chelsea Soft Brown Sugar
1/2 tin sweetened condensed milk
1 cup chopped dried apricots
1 x 250g packet of wine biscuits, crushed
1/4 cup desiccated coconut to decorate

Lemon Icing:
100g butter
1 1/2 cups Chelsea Icing Sugar
grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
1-2 Tbsp hot water

Method

Heat 125g butter, Brown sugar and condensed milk until the butter has melted. Do not boil.
Add chopped apricots and crushed biscuits. Mix well. Press into a greased 20 x 30cm sponge roll tin.

Ice with Lemon Icing:
Beat butter until pale and fluffy. Add icing sugar, grated rind and lemon juice and sufficient water, so that you have a fluffy light mixture. Spread over the slice and sprinkle with coconut. Set in refrigerator. Cut into squares.
Quoteeastie3 (47 )

bev00, Aug 12, 12:36pm
brianmac wrote:

Shona's Fudge Cake Cook 1 beaten egg,40z butter and a small cup of sugar with a dstspoon of cocoa in a saucepan.Add a dash of vanilla essence and 80z of crushed wine biscuits and 1/4 cup raisins. Press into swiss roll tin and refrigerate. Ice with chocolate icing.

Fruity Coconut Bubble Slice 140g shredded coconut;90g rice bubbles;2/3 cup allbran;250g chopped glace apricots;1/2 cup chopped glace pineapple;125f chopped walnuts or pecans;125g butter;1/2 cup coconut cream;1/2 cup honey;1/3 cup raw sugar. Greas 20x30cm lamington tin.Combine rice bubbles,bran fruit & nuts in a bowl.Combine butter,coconut cream honey & sugar in a pan,stir over low heat,without boiling till butter is melted & sugar is dissolved.Bring to boil,simmer,incovered without stirring for 5 mins.Stir into dry ing and spread into pan.Refrigerate till firm.

Quotebrianmac (133

kinna54, Aug 13, 1:54am
the 3 ingredient peanut butter biccies.the ones featured in the power co ad.
Here you go: NB you can vary the castor sugar requirement depending upon the sweetness of your peanut butter. Also yummy with choc chips added.

Easy Peasy Crunchy Peanut Butter Biscuits

1 cup crunchy Peanut Butter
3/4 cup Caster Sugar
1 egg

Preheat the oven to 170degC
Line a baking tray with baking paper, and spray the paper with cooking spray.

Place all the ingredients into a bowl and mix, whizz, or beat well together until combined.
Place rolled balls of mixture ontothe tray and flatten with a wet fork,leaving plenty of room betweeneach biscuit as the biscuits spread a lot.

Cook for 15-20mins until light golden brown. Allow to cool for a few minutes,
then remove from the paper and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.

* Biscuits will crisp as they cool down*

tramore, Aug 21, 3:13am
What are your quickest and cheapest recipes!I love ones you can put all the ingredients in a food processor, whizz and put in the microwave to cook.Very little effort.Anyone got some to share please!

theanimal1, Aug 21, 9:11am
Ming Ling meal in a pot

puticat, Aug 21, 11:06am
Ive invested in a slow cooker. So convenient! jst throw all the ingredients in (e.g. meat, veges, etc.) and leav it on it does the rest of the work for u. the meats always so tender and it tastes so good.

tramore, Aug 23, 6:25pm
yes, I agree about a slow cooker/crock pot.I am blessed to have 3!But I am after cake, biscuit etc ideas that are super fast to prepare.I do the Trademe carrot cake and magical orange cake in the microwave but want that sort of idea now please!

fifie, Aug 24, 1:48am
tramore have recipes for meringue,ginger crunch, fudge cake, choc rough,marshmallow slices, also choc cake, and cup cakes all microwaved if your interested. Yell out if you want them and i'll post them for you.

lythande1, Aug 24, 4:19am
Microwaves - bleh. Fastest cooking is Asian - stirfries.

tramore, Aug 24, 5:57pm
Yes please!I'd love your recipes please!

fifie, Aug 24, 8:02pm
Not sure who posted these, cooking times may need to be adjusted if you have a high wattage M/Wave
Microwaved baking
Meringue Slice100g butter, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/4 cup strawberry jam, 1 egg white, 3/4 cup icing sugar, 1/2 cup coconut - Cream butter and sugar until pale. Sift flour and baking powder. Fold into a creamed mixture, mixing well. Press into a 18x22cm glass microwave slice dish. Elevate and microwave on High power (100%) for 2 1/2 mins. Allow to stand 5 mins. Spread base with jam. In a separate bowl beat egg white until stiff. Sift icing sugar and fold into egg white with the coconut. Carefully spread meringue over jam. Elevate and microwave on High for 2-3 mins or until the whole surface has risen. This will go down on cooling. Cut when cold.
Ginger Crunch:125g butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp ground ginger. ICING: 50g butter, 1 Tbsp golden syrup, 1/2 cup icing sugar, 1 tsp ground ginger, 1/4 cup finely chopped crystallised ginger - Beat butter and sugar until soft. Sift flour, baking powder and ginger. Stir dry ingredients into creamed mixture, mixing well. Press into a 22x30cm glass microwave slice dish. Elevate and microwave on High power (100%) for about 3 1/2 mins or until base looks cooked from underside. Allow to cool. When cold, ice with ginger icing. Cut into squares when icing has set. ICING: Put butter and golden syrup into a glass jug. Cook on HIGH power for 30 secs or until butter has melted. Sift icing sugar and ginger. Add to melted ingredients. Stir well. Cook icing on High for a further 30 secs. Fold in crystallised ginger.
Fudge Slice:125g butter, 3 Tbsp cocoa, 1/2 cup water, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup flour, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 egg, 1/4 cup milk, 1/2 tsp vanilla essence, 1/4 cup Flemings oat bran. ICING: 1 tsp grated orange rind, 2 Tbsp orange juice, 1 tsp butter, About 2 cups icing sugar - Put butter, cocoa and water in a 2L glass microwave jug. Microwave on High power (100%) for 2 mins or until butter is melted. Stir after 1 min. Stir in sugar. Allow to cool. Sift flour, salt and baking powder. Beat egg, milk and vanilla together. Fold sifted ingredients into jug along with oat bran. Add egg mixture, beating until smooth. Pour batter into a lightly greased 22x30cm glass microwave slice dish. Microwave on 90% power for 9 mins or until top is slightly moist in centre. Cool in dish. When cold, ice with orange icing. Mark icing with a fork.
ICING: Put orange rind, juice and butter in a microwave bowl. Cover and microwave on High power for 30 secs or until butter has melted. Sift icing sugar. Add sufficient icing sugar to bowl and mix until a smooth spreadable icing is formed.
Chocolate Rough120g butter, 1/3 cup castor sugar, 1/2 cup coconut, 1 cup self raising flour, 2 tsp cocoa, pinch salt - Melt butter on High power (100%) for 1 min. Stir in remaining ingredients. Press into square baking dish and microwave on 75% power for about 5 1/2 mins or until just firm. Cool slightly. Spread with the following topping while still warm and cut into slices when cold. TOPPING: 30g butter, 3 Tbsp condensed milk, 1 Tbsp cocoa, 1 cup icing sugar, 1 cup coconut, 1 tsp vanilla - Melt butter on High power (100%) for 40-60 secs. Stir in remaining ingredients and mix well.
 Microwave Chocolate Cake175g flour, 2 Tbsp cocoa, 150g sugar,1 tsp baking powder, 1 egg, 200ml milk, 75g melted butter, ½tsp vanilla essence. Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa in a bowl. Add the sugar. Beat the egg and add to the flour. Add milk, melted butter, and vanilla essence. Fold ing together. Pour into a ring container and place on an upturned plate in the microwave. Microwave on high 8 minutes.
Continued.

fifie, Aug 24, 8:08pm
continued. Chocolate cupcakes:50g butter, 50g brown sugar, 1 egg beaten, 75g self-raising flour, 3 Tbsp cocoa, pinch salt, 120ml milk - Microwave butter and sugar on full power for 10-20 secs. Whisk until creamy. Add egg and whisk well. Mix in flour, cocoa and salt, alternately with milk. Mix until smooth. Place in microwave muffin cases in muffin tray. Half fill each case, elevate and microwave on High power (100%) for 2 mins (6 cup cakes) or 1 min 40 secs (5 cup cakes). Remove cases from muffin trays immediately and cool on cake rack.
. Marshmallow slice:100g butter, 1 1/2 cups biscuit crumbs - Topping: 190g packet pink and white marshmallows, 1/2 cup cream, 1/4 cup coconut, 1 1/2 Tbsp coconut - Put butter into 1L glass microwave measuring jug. Cover and microwave on High power (100%) for 1 min or until melted. Add biscuit crumbs, mixing well to combine. Press into a 18x22cm shallow tray. Refrigerate until firm. In a glass bowl combine marshmallows and cream. Microwave on 50% power for 1 min. Stir, then continue cooking for a further 30 secs, checking every 10 secs until marshmallows have melted. Stir in the first measure of coconut. Allow to cool slightly then pour on top of biscuit base. Sprinkle second measure of coconut on top. Refrigerate until set. Cut into squares.

Apricot Coconut Slice30g butter, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 egg, 1 cup flour, 1 tsp baking powder, apricot jam, 1/2 cup castor sugar, 1 egg, 1 cup coconut, few drops almond essence, extra coconut - Microwave butter and sugar on High power for 1 min or until melted. Beat in egg until thick. Add flour and baking powder and mix to a stiff dough. Spread with apricot jam. Whisk second egg and sugar until thick, stir in coconut and almond essence and spread over jam. Sprinkle with extra coconut. Elevate and microwave on 75% power for about 9 mins. Leave in dish and cut into bars while still warm.Happy Baking !

jessie981, Aug 24, 8:27pm
fifie, you baked any of these!

fifie, Aug 24, 10:15pm
Made the choc rough slice and grandees loved it i just don't use the M/W much these days.

tramore, Aug 25, 5:13am
Thanks, Fifie, they look great and I shall try them out!Any more ideas please anyone!

r-mvz, Aug 25, 5:20am
Meatballs
500g beef mince
1 onion finely chopped
garlic finely chopped
breadcrumbs
1 egg lightly beaten
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
parsley
salt/pepper
1 can of tomato puree mixed with 60mls of water
flour
pasta

Method:

Combine mince, onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, parsley, salt and pepper with egg, lemon juice and cinnamon.

Roll into small balls, coat with flour and slightly flatten and brown them off in a pan.
Put into a shallow ovenproof dish. Cover the meatballs with tomato puree.

Bake at 180 until bubbling and serve on hot pasta.

r-mvz, Aug 25, 5:22am
Meatloaf
one tube of sausage meat
500g mince
one onion (finely chopped)
2 carrots (grated)
corriander
sweet basil
salt / pepper
curry powder
tomato sauce
Combine all ingredients together. Put in loaf tin and bake at 150 - 180 until cooked.

jessie981, Aug 25, 8:55pm
Easy as
Chocolate Crunch
125gr butter
1c coconut
1TBSP cocoa
1c four
1/2c sugar
1tsp vanilla essence
Melt melt & pour over dry ingredients
Press into sponge roll tin
Bake 20 - 30 mins @ 180
Cut while warm & ice when cold

Rice Bubble slice
125gr butter
125gr sugar
2TBSPs honey or golden syrup
Bring to boil & simmer 5min. Remove from heat & add 5c Rice bubbles. Pour into a sponge roll tin. Cut while warm

tramore, Aug 26, 5:27am
Thanks, those also sound simple and great.

yogideb, Sep 3, 7:42am
This is my fastest 7 mins once you get good!.Heaps of variations you can do with it as well.

TOFU (or meat)IN SPICY PEANUT SAUCE WITHNOODLES
1 pkt Chang Noodles
1 tbsp of Crunchy Peanut Butter
1 tsp soya sauce
1 tsp minced chilli (or less if you don’t like it so hot)
1 heaped tsp miso paste or 1 tsp Vege Stock (i use Vegeta)
Hard tofu cut into small squares (100gms) (or use meat or chk)
½ cup frozen peas
Freshly cut coriander (optional)

Optional:Eggplant, beans, grated carrot, spinach, mushroom, teaspoon ginger, add ½ cup coconut cream, exchange the tofu for dried bean curd, soft tofu or fried tofu.

 Put noodles in a small pot with 2.5 cups water
 Cook the noodles and veges (except peas) until soft
 Add all the rest of the ingredients to the pot except the peanut butter, peas and coriander.
 Bring to the boil then simmer.
 Once the vegetables are soft add the peas then peanut butter and heat for a couple of minutes until peanut butter has melted through.(If you want a thicker sauce add more peanut butter) Serve hot garnished with chopped fresh coriander.

tipsy_bl0nde, Sep 6, 5:33am
spaghetti bolognaise lol. quickest recipe in this house by far :)

tramore, Sep 11, 4:35am
I am really after baking type recipes as often I am in a hurry for a birthday gift!Thanks for all the recipes so far!

fifie, Aug 24, 1:48am
tramore have recipes for meringue,ginger crunch, fudge cake, choc rough,marshmallow slices, also choc cake, and cup cakes all microwaved if your interested. Yell out if you want them and i'll post them for you.

tramore, Aug 24, 5:57pm
Yes please!I'd love your recipes please!

fifie, Aug 24, 10:15pm
Made the choc rough slice and grandees loved it i just don't use the M/W much these days.